"Operation Aborted" over and over....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by daniel2007, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel2007

daniel2007 Registered Member

Hello,

Sometime last month i started experiencing the following:
    Whether trying to read an article or access the site directly, a window pop's up with the following message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,..asp Operation Aborted."

I have to close the pop-up window and the whole page turns into a blank page with "This program is unable to display the webpage."

Done, nothing else can be done. Strangely, this only happens on Extremetech, PCMag, and PCMag Security Notes - basically just ZD sites. I've tested and tested, scanned hd and registry, etc., but can't seem to find a common cause. I can't even logon to DEselect and stop receiving their email notices ! !

Also, i've tried three different browsers - always the same results. There's nothing in hosts file either.

One breakthrough: it seems that if the page address ends with *.aspx then i can read and even move around in the archives (*.asp = new material; *.aspx = mostly archived text forums).

Today i started doing packet captures when trying to access a few news items but haven't found the exact matching packet conversation yet.

***Any*** suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    ~daniel~

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just wondered if you are still using IE7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

There seem to be a couple of Workarounds on that page if you are.

Also try disabling all IE addons then add then back one at a time.

3. daniel2007

daniel2007 Registered Member

stapp,

yes. i just checked and i have ie7.

let me look at this article and i'll post a.s.a.p.

thanks,

~d~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.