Operating System-BackupImage-Vista-SP1-problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jasta12, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasta12

jasta12 Registered Member

I am having trouble making an image of my Operating System-Vista-SP1. I am using True Image 11. There are 100Gb of other files and folders on this drive, but I only need to make an image of the operating system. When I tried a System State backup, after 2hours, there was still 0% progress, and only a few mb in the backup image. What is wrong?

Thanks

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Which Build No.of TI 11 are you using?
    The last update is supposed to have fixed a bug in the system state process.

However the TI System State process offers little more than standard Windows restore points.
    If you want to protect your complete operating system and installed programs the best way is by making a complete image of its partition.
    You could overcome the problem with the 100 GB of other files and folders by moving them to another partition.

In any event at least one full backup of the complete hard drive can prove invaluable in some circumstances.

Xpilot

3. jasta12

TrueImage11.8101_s_en.exe System State does not restore the whole system?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

That is correct. It just does the registry, the boot files and some other unspecified system files.
    I have never used it myself as I always to a full system drive backup . Better have too much than too little!

I also keep a least one Windows Restore point available to quickly get rid of something that does not warrant a full drive restore.

Xpilot

5. jasta12

Thanks. That 100Gb of files is in one large folder. Is there some way that I could exclude that folder from a complete system backup, without moving it to a different drive. I know that you can exclude certain types of files from a backup. These are all wmv and mpg.

Thanks

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI11 doesn't provide for excluding a directory, only files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.