opera config in sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hudjem, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hudjem

hudjem Registered Member

Hi, I do not have opera installed in the default location (program files) I use opera mail exclusively. I can use opera mail sandboxed (ie I get and can send mail) but when i close the sandbox all new mail or any changes are gone, same with bookmarks. I tried recovering all the mail folders from the sandbox but that is cumbersome and repetitive. I'm thinking its not working properly because opera is not in the default location. If I'm right how do i fix that. I tried going into the config file and giving it the c:\ but that didn't work either.

any help would be appreciated as i can't use the mail client sandboxed.

thank u

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Have you allowed direct access and may be better to post any probs over at Sandboxie's Forum
    SB Opera.JPG

3. hudjem

hudjem Registered Member

yes i did and sorry for mispost i'll move it...thanks.

4. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Since your Opera installation directory isn't the default, you need to set resource access to where opera's application data folder is located.

5. hudjem

hudjem Registered Member

actually i just did that - resource access/direct access and i listed the mail directory and bookmark file. It seems to be working.

thanks bman412 so much for the tip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.