Opera Browser?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arup

Arup Guest

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

Opera seems to perform admirably well on most tasks, on any platform.

Opera also is a clear winner using history. In fact, on Linux it is faster than Mozilla and Firefox for all except starting time. On Mac and Windows, Opera is faster than Mozilla and Firefox for all tasks.

2. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Hi Arup:

I noticed that Opera was faster than FF in windows, but I personally have not seen the difference when using PCLinuxOs, Ubuntu, or Mepis. That is not a criticism of Opera, since both browsers are fast on my linux systems.

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

In Ubuntu, I found FF took forever to open on start. After that they (FF/Opie) were pretty equal...

4. Arup

Arup Guest

In loading time, there is no difference in Linux between either browsers but Opera is still faster when it comes to rendering even under Linux.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

OPERA for me is always been by far the quickest plus most efficient browser ever to replace IE, although i admit the majority of my surfing continues to be with IE. I guess i'm just as tethered to IE as IE is tethered to Windows and so i rarely do OPERA but when i do i already know surfing speed will pick up noticably. I have not experienced any serious security issues with either one to be perfectly honest although IE is said to be swiss cheese and i know it's a popular target for exploiters. The same can't be said for OPERA though, it's watertight and has plenty enough features that it's a joy to use too.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Actually IE loads fast as its integrated into the OS. As for security flaws, it can all be averted with proper security programs and observing safer browsing practices and even IE would do no harm. For a novice though I would rather that they use Opera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.