Opera Browser Privacy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by jaypeecee, Oct 19, 2018.

1. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I do apologize in advance if this topic has been addressed elsewhere here on Wilders but, after a detailed search, I did not find what I was looking for.

Anyway, to the point. I read on the Restore Privacy website Sven Taylor's comments regarding the Opera browser Privacy Policy. and it was not favourable! Having just recently adopted Opera (on Windows) as my de facto browser, I am now not sure if I did the right thing.

Would anyone care to comment?

Thanks in advance.

JPC

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Use Vivaldi that's my comment. It's by the guy who founded Opera sold it & waited out the non-compete. It's not a spy machine like Opera.

3. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Yep opera is now china.
    Vivaldi instead

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, Vivaldi is way better anyway. Not sure if you can fully trust ANY browser maker nowadays, but I rather use Vivaldi and Firefox than Chrome and Opera.

5. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Registered Member

Thanks Guys,

Isn't this a crazy state of affairs? According to the Opera website:

'We are a Norwegian company with headquarters in Oslo, Norway, and branches and offices in Poland, Sweden and China'.

How is your average person going to treat that as suspicious? But I can't deny that the Opera Privacy Policy does make for slightly uncomfortable reading.

OK, it's time to try Vivaldi. Fingers crossed!

JPC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.