Opera bookmarks problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I am using Opera 9.24, XP and my bookmarks are stored in the default location C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

I use Opera 99% of the time and use it sandboxed although IE7 is still set as default.

When I had a look in the profile list it does not match what is in my bookmarks either in opera or IE7 sandboxed or not. Some are old and others I cannot work out why they are there.

How can I get that list up to date so it shows what I actually have in my bookmarks list?

I understand that the list in the unsandboxed Opera is different slightly, this is how I discovered this problem as I wanted to include Opera bookmarks profile in the sandboxed settings.

Can I delete that profile list and export my present one there instead?

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Not really sure I understand the question?

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I thought that the list of my opera bookmarks which is kept here

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr

would be the same as what I get when I click bookmarks in opera, but it isn't, it is old.

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I would have said it should be, the opera6.adr is the bookmarks, although obviously it looks somewhat different in notepad.
    Stupid question really, but how do you know it is old

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Stapp

If as I suspect you are using Sandboxie then you want these lines in your sandboxie ini file.

OpenFilePath=C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opera6.adr
    OpenFilePath=C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\wand.dat

The adr file is your address book. the wand.dat is the wand passwords. With these lines, when you bookmark something in the sandbox it sticks. Otherwise it would be gone.

Pete

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Because there are entries in it that I copied over from IE7 about a year ago, and have since deleted.
    I expected the list to be a carbon copy of what was in my actual bookmarks now.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@ Peter, have added them...thank you

@Tradetime, thanks for your imput, still wondering why the old entries pre- sandboxie were there, but I can live with it:)

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just in case anyone has a problem as I did getting the bookmarks to stick in opera while sandboxed, I had to add another line and then it worked.

OpenFilePath=opera.exe,C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Opera\Opera9.2\profile\*.tmp

I found it here in a guy called Oliver's third post

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1456

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.