Opera Ads

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

For those of you that are have been trying to block ads with Opera I have the solution for you. It's built-in ad blocker can can stop individual images but nothing like this; think of Admuncher without the cost.

There are three things I use (that from now on will be in a single zip that can be downloaded from the address in my signature); Fanboy's Ad List, AdBlock+ for Opera, and Flash Block. Fanboy gives us a (frequently updated) urlfilter.ini. There is also an elementhider.css to remove white space that is left behind after the ads are removed. AdBlock+ for Opera is pretty sweet. With it you can right-click within Opera and, within the AdBlock+ submenu select "Block Element" then select any element on the page you want removed and it's done.

The best extension for Firefox has been ported to Opera!

So freaking sweet!!!!

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Why not use Proxomitron? Just curious.

Sul.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

@n8chavez,

AdBlock+ for Opera?

Link?

5. Basic

Basic Registered Member

6. n8chavez

The only difference I can tell is that fanboy's list blocks adverts of certain demensions whereas Peter's does not. And, of course, there are going to be differences in the servers being blocked. Having a smart list is more important that having a huge (and mostly useless) list. That might not be the case here, but just because Peter has more entries does not make the list better.

That's something I need to look into.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. n8chavez

Ah, where to begin? Proxo is very powerful, sometime too powerful. I have been using it for years, along with Sidki's set, and I always had issue that I could never solve; the java toggle function never worked right at Yahoo games, the Amazon mp3 downloader was never spawned (despite being on the bypass list), and I always had issue is secure sites (https). SSL filters, and half SSL filters never really worked right for me, and with Opera, more specifically wand, the prefix it puts before any https address was hell.

8. n8chavez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.