opera 9.6 and opera.dll

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Thomas M, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Could someone please verify what I am observing:
    Today I updated Opera to the latest version 9.6. Now when clicking on the "opera.exe" icon, LnS pops up and requests permission for "opera.dll" to be started by "opera.exe". If I deny the request, Opera will never connect to the internet at all.

This is a totally new behavior of Opera on my computer. Does any of you get the same message from LnS when running the latest Opera??

Thanks a lot for help!
    Thomas :)

2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Thomas M :)

Strange...

I have Opera 9.6 and opera.dll in the opera folder but LnS never ask for an authorisation for this dll ...
    The only opera dll I have is the one related to shockwave plugin NPSWF32.dll.

May be this opera.dll is used only for the first run of opera just after the installation.

To check if this dll is in use you may add it manually in the LnS dll config option and in the 4 th column set it to be logged.

No better idea.

:)

Attached Files:

3. Thomas M

Thanks Climenole for your reply!

Hmm, I knew something is fishy here :(
    I have 3 computers and all of them show the same behavior. Please take a look at the attached picture: It seems, clicking on the opera.exe starts opera.dll, which in turn starts opera.exe ?? (something like a loopback or so??).

Thomas

Attached Files:

4. Thomas M

Update: I got one of those new netbooks, which was initially filled with Windows just 1 month ago. And here I do not get the LNS popup for the opera.dll.... Sh*** :(

Looks like I need to reinstall the other 2 machines...

5. Thomas M

Update 2:
    Ok, I found it :) It is somehow related to the security software "A-squared" (A2), which is also running on my system.
    When the background guard of A2 is active, Opera only works after permission of the "Opera.dll" by LnS.
    I will contact the people from A2 to get further insides into the issue.

Thanks again Climenole for your reply :)
    Thomas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.