Opera 10.6x (Alpha, Beta...) Now Final! - The Fastest Browser on Earth gets Faster !!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Quick question:

Does anyone know how to Ctrl-Tab between tabs in the order they are listed on the tab bar, AND without showing tab thumbnails?

Thanks in advance.

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Can't answer your question, but I scroll through the tabs by holding the right mouse button down, and using the scroll wheel.

Might find it quicker than ctrl+tab.

3. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Hi,

Follow the options i have in the pic and you will have it. ;)

http://i37.tinypic.com/30hyclf.jpg

4. Eice

Eice Registered Member

They're what I already have. Not working on the 10.70 builds. :doubt:

5. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Not using 10.70 here. Sorry. :oops:

6. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.62 Release Candidate is now available.:D

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/09/03/10-62-release-candidate *puppy*

It is about time for an update to our stable branch and hence we have a nice new 10.62 build for you.

Since this is a release candidate please let us know if you see any regressions since 10.61 and remember fixes to 10.70 that are missing are not regressions

Note: These packages have the old non-unified build numbers. However, 10.70 and above will continue to have unified build numbers. Also because this is the 10.6x line we still have PowerPC.

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.62 Release Candidate 2 is now available.

Download it here. *puppy*

Here is the 2nd 10.62 Release Candidate. Just a few small tweaks to get 10.62 ready for final. Let Opera know if you see any regressions since 10.61. For those wondering about 10.70, we will try to get an interesting new build out to you soon.

Note: These packages have the old non-unified build numbers. However, 10.70 and above will continue to have unified build numbers. Also because this is the 10.6x line we still have PowerPC.

8. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Advance notice : Opera 10.62 build 3500 will be released as the 10.62 final version anytime soon.:p

9. Eice

Eice Registered Member

10. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.62 Final is released.:D

Download Opera 10.62 here

A recommended stability and security update.

User interface Fixes :
    Selection jumps while backspacing in a rich text editor
    Opera closing when searching on hotels.com
    Not being able to click or select links or text
    Opera freezing when leaving a canvas, audio, or JavaScript game
    A missing plug-in dialog might cause Opera to close
    Bodyless documents causing Opera to close in accessibility mode
    Opera closing when downloading files in the link panel
    Loading of streaming plug-ins in Opera Turbo

Security Fix :
    Fixed an issue where malicious DLL files could be unintentionally loaded and allowed to run arbitrary code; see advisory on Opera website.

11. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

And running swell as usual under Kubuntu 10.04 LTS.

12. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Opera 10.6X (not sure which was the first) seems to include a new geolocation feature, which is used to broadcast the user location to the public. I can't find anything in the menus to check on this feature, but it was included in the changelog.

I'm guessing that this feature is enabled by default, given the way other Opera feature are always switched on when introduced. Could someone tell me how to disable it? Thanks.

13. Eice

Eice Registered Member

14. linuxforall

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I find it funny that the only kind of benchmarks ever linked in this thread are speed, nothing about standards compliance, features, etc.

I also find it funny that Chrome 7 hands down destroys Opera 10.70 in peacekeeper from my laptops to my desktops.

My my third and final poke-me-silly is how Peacekeeper can find a GPU accelerated browser slower than a standard basic CPU one (firefox/ie vs chrome/opera). Everyone who has experienced a GPU powered browser will tell you from their own EXPERIENCE that it is faster. Conclusion? Peacekeeper is a load of rubbish, and obviously isn't in anyway a good real-world benchmark. ;)

16. Eice

Eice Registered Member

For Peacekeeper, the score from the "Graphics" category is not factored in the final result.

17. elapsed

I'm aware of that, but take a look at how IE9 scores lower in the graphics category than say Chrome or Opera.

Also, every element of IE9 is GPU accelerated, not just the "graphics" (so to say) like Firefox.

18. linuxforall

Well in my nvidia GTX400 workstation, Opera rips the pants off Chrome 7., just because your favorite browser loses consistently in a popular benchmark don't make the benchmark rubbish, maybe if Chrome won, you would be singing a different tune here.

19. elapsed

Chrome does win, read my post again. Also, Opera has no hardware acceleration, so singing and dancing your graphics card at me is moot.

Why am I bothering replying?? I knew you'd reply with something stupid like that instead of something valid *sigh* gone are the days that I use Opera again.

20. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

This is another case of "I've made my mind, please don't confuse me with the facts":p

As an Opera user, I feel somewhat complimented when such jealous people come to this thread and posted zealous remarks about how their other browser(s) beat Opera, etc. like some "sour grapes syndrome".:ouch:

Yes, why even bother to rebut or reply to them:ninja:

21. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Coming from you... now, that's really a classic example of irony.

22. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

That's the truth if I've ever heard it. Leaving the Opera thread now, have fun, lol.

23. elapsed

Me too, had enough of this load of rubbish.

Someone stated in an earlier thread a month or two ago that they'd stop using a product because of fanboys, I couldn't understand why this would be a genuine reason, well now I do, and I apologize to that person for doubting them. But I do find it funny that someone could call me jealous, Mr Browser switcher, who switches between browsers like underwear, and once used to like Opera...

nanana1 & linuxforall, enjoy your thread.

24. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.70 snapshot build 9049 is available

17 changes on the 17th
    -----------------------
    Two keywords for this snapshot build : Mail & Stability:D

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/09/17/seventeen#comments *puppy*

WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.

25. linuxforall

On it and flying as usual, some big UNIX changes and fixes there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.