Opera 10.52 Snapshot Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quintile

quintile Registered Member

"The Opera browser is now the most popular in the Kazakhstan country..."

nanana1, did you really post that? LOL! Well, if it's good enough for Kazakhstan.. :D

So, if I go ahead and upgrade, it's better to uninstall the OP 10.10 I have on my Linux partition then
    reinstall the 10.5 instead of just updating as usual?

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Yes do back up all your stuff before you take the plunge. Bear in mind unlike stable 10.10 in Linux, 10.52 is still in alpha stage.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Good freaking God I'm glad you posted this. Youtube won't even work, and the browser itself crashes after a half hour of doing even the simplest Flash based stuff. It isn't my only problem, but it's one of the biggest. I have to say, after a couple of weeks of usage, I'm a little frustrated with, how do I put this, "quirkiness" in regards to daily Opera use. I swear I'm cursed, this happens every time I try this browser, without fail.

4. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Kazakhstan:argh: how is the adblock ,flash and speed? opera 10.51 startup is not as fast as it used to be, hope they improve in 10.52.I think if they can get the adblock right it will be great:thumb:

5. linuxforall

Fanboy's adblock works fine, as good as adblock in FF, as for start up and speed, Opera is undisputed champ in that department.

6. brainrb1

Thanks. Do i have to apply the fanboys adblock every time i upgrade? and whats up with sandboxie it does not work as good, feels heavy and slow. As a regular opera user i don't like the feel of opera 10.51, although its fast.I hope they make the next upgrade better.Its the only other browser i use apart from ie8:cool:

7. linuxforall

Nope only when Fanboy is updated, the urlfilter.ini and elementhelper.css stays in your appdata>opera folder.

10.52 is different from 10.10 but its a step in right direction, you can always customize it back to 10.10 interface.

8. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.52 snapshot build 3363/8332/6317 has just been released.

hxxp://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/show.dml/ *puppy*

This build contains more NSL (Never Stops Loading) fixes, in addition to stability fixes and general bug fixing. We also have a partial IAccessible2 implementation on Windows.

Try it only if you like to, else please stick to your browser of choice.:cool:

WARNING: This is a development snapshot: it contains the latest changes, but may also have severe issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.

9. linuxforall

Thanks, new Linux as well, wow for team Opera.

10. brainrb1

The new sandboxie update 3.44.02 is working lite with Opera 10.51.I was having some problems before.I will give it a spin with Opera 10.52 beta and see how it goes.

11. linuxforall

12. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

13. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Good I want to update. Staying on releases at the moment.

14. Blitzer

Blitzer Registered Member

It's very misleading to call developement snapshots betas or even RCs like Opera's desktop team does.

Hopefully this 10.5x will become final only after most perturbing and reproducible bugs heve been fixed.
    10.50 final and 10.51 final have been impertinences. There is no reason to rush and to put off even more users since the Windows ballot screen choice can't be an excuse any more.

15. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Misleading or not, suggest you wait for the final release and not have to participate and be confused in the development, snapshot, beta...whatever it is called.:p

Most of the bugs have been fixed.I've using Opera 10.52 and it is very stable (for me). Opera's not rushing now and many users are eagerly awaiting the release of 10.52.:rolleyes:

If you are put off by what Opera did, suggest you move to another browser of your choice.:ninja:

16. linuxforall

Google stays in perpetutal beta and yet no one complains, there is FF which releases final and then in a day releases another final, at least Opera is trying to weed everything out before calling it final.

17. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

New RC Build 3267 for Windows, 8336 for Mac and 6321 for Linux.

As you have noticed we have been trying to kill that NSL bug for a while now. We decided to revert some Cookie behavior to how it was in 10.10 to make it go away for now. So please test for regressions related to cookies/loading of pages.

Expect Opera 10.52 final release very soon ! :p

18. Blitzer

I can't recall asking you for any suggestion. Fact is that labeling a developement snapshot as a beta or RC is very misleading independent of what an Opera cheerleader might suggest.

Most but by far not all.
    All I can say after testing 10.52 build 3366 is that it still has reproducible bugs.

Most users are eagerly awaiting a final release with no reproducible bugs at least.
    If it is labeled as final it should also work as such.

Once again, I didn't ask you for suggestions. See my reply above.

Neither do I care what Google does nor what Mozilla is doing.
    However it seems that Opera is doing the same lately. Both the so called 10.50 final like the so called 10.51 final had lots of bugs. None of them justified the 'Final' label.
    All snapshots following the 10.50 release are bugfixes for the rushed 10.50 release, whereas 10.51 was just a fix for some disclosed security issues affecting all previous releases. Whatever, being an Opera 'expert' you probably already know all of these.

19. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Don't want to waste time here, installed Opera 10.52 build 3267 and working very fast and good.:thumb:

This is a very stable RC release and only those who want to try and contribute to Opera bug-solving may install at your own risks, else stay with your current browser or version.:p

We are nearing the final release very soon.:D

20. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Latest Opera beta releases don't work well here, I think I will wait for the final version of Opera 10.52. Hope it will be soon.

21. Blitzer

Testing RC build 3367 at the moment. Already found some bugs present in build 3366 (and previous) as well.
    Made a screenshot for you from one of them because it's (almost) funny:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3843/bugzw.png

I'm not eager for such a final. I would prefer waiting till it gets polished.

22. linuxforall

Have you or anyone else found a browser which is bug free, Mozilla releases browser with holes and calls it secure latest release, using Google's latest on Linux, another joke, keeps hanging at dns resolve when Opera and FF work fine here, when it does work, its fairly quick but not faster than the Opera 10.5x alpha.

I can find so many bugs in IE, FF and Google that its not funny, there are bugs in Opera as well, its part of a program.

23. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Sorry, I cannot reproduce your "bug". I typed in hxxps://bugs.opera.com and I got a nice webpage showed up with no outdated security certificate that you posted.

See this is what I got.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8628/operabugsornot.png

24. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

New RC Build 3368 for Windows, 8337 for Mac and 6322 for Linux.

This is RC4 of 10.52 final for Mac and Windows.

It fixes CARAKAN-1144 (Frequent crashes at Facebook) and CORE-27753 (Freezing at Google Maps and dell.com).:cool:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  25. Blitzer

Either you did not look mindfully to the screenshot or you don't understand what it was about.
    By using a local proxy and a prior build to 3368 you should be able to easily reproduce the bug.
    BTW, it's not my "bug". It was one of Opera's bugs. With the latest build 3368 it got fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.