Opera 10.50 Final is released - The fastest browser on Earth

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Chronic fanboyz of any software are never satisfied, thats the very nature of it all, one look at Ubuntuforums, Firefox forums or for that matter any other forums will convince one of that.

2. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I am not sure if I will agree that they are "irked chronic opera addicts"
    If they are irked and move away from Opera, it is unlikely that they are even addicted to Opera in the first place. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the reactions are expected. With any new release, Some will like it; others will not.:cool:

Use what you would like using, be it Opera 9 or 10.1, or using another browsers like IE8, FF, Chrome, etc., they are all good browsers :thumb:

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Second that !:thumb:

I'm already waiting for the next Opera 10.5x further development:ninja:

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You said that because you don't know what was changed... ;)

Take a better look at here: Opera 10.50 (with Opera Widgets for Desktop) for Windows changelog (Final)

Is very difficult to release such a big change without bugs, but now with a lot of people using it and reporting will be more ease for them to release a bug fix version...

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I know what was changed, I have no desire to knock anything without knowing what I'm knocking :) But you make a good point that now it is final, bug reports will fly in and they can knock them out. I'm nowhere near against Opera, I'm just dissatisfied with this release. That's simply my opinion based on what I like, not a fact-based, technical review.

6. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

It's the same here for me, there are features on this release that I am not satisfied with. I just use it and submit my improvements or bug reports to help facilitate a better next Opera version update.;)

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

It's really great that Opera has done this version 10.50 and claimed the title of being the fastest browser on Earth.........for now.:D

Opera has now raised the bar and thrown the gauntlet down to the other good browsers and we see evidences of some active developments from the other good browsers competitors (See this forum thread ---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=266454) :argh:

Eventually, we the browsers users win and benefit from this development, whatever browsers you may be using, Opera or not :p

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've been giving it a bit of a whizz & for the first time on my platform You Tube videos load properly without me having to manually hit reload button. The videos normally played but it was a bit of an annoyance to have to 'load' the page manually (the stop button would be red instead of green). Others have claimed to have this problem & I have always suspected it would be fine if I had a tad more speed. Looks like I have now! :cool:

So far ... Opera 10.50 :thumb:

9. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I would like to get a bit off topic here if you folks don't mind.

I wonder why these browser wars exist. That is why do the developers put so much time, effort, and money into developing programs that are free? Perhaps I am naive and simply do not get the revenue generating aspects of providing these browsers to the public. I understand open source projects where folks contribute for the joy of doing so but these are not your typical open source projects,,,,,or are they?

10. Sully

Sully Registered Member

From what my human eye can depict, Opera 10.10 is faster than 10.5.

From what my human eye can depict, Kmeleon 1.6alpha is much faster than kmeleon 1.53.

From what my human eye can depict, Opera 10.10 and 10.5 are faster than kmeleon 1.53.

From what my human eye can depict Kmeleon 1.6alpha is faster than Opera, any version.

From what my task manager says, Kmeleon 1.6alpha uses much less resources with 20 tabs open than either Kmeleon 1.53 or any version of Opera.

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say.

I will have to wait and see whether KM or Opera will end up as "percievably" faster, but much more importantly which manages resources better. Right now I am using Opera 10.10.

Sul.

11. brynjolf

brynjolf Registered Member

Could you say what option that was? Thanks!

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

space above tabs change to higher number for more space,scroll down click on save click ok on popup then close browser to apply.
    to find the windows 7 taskbar preview option click on the link above then search for Use Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnails,if you dont like it simply untick the box scroll down and press save. close browser and reopen to apply

13. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

Browsers make money from their search bars for one. For example, Google paid Mozilla $75 million in 2007.

14. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I just updated from 10.5 beta to 10.5 final. now how do i import my custom settings from the beta to the final? (mainly i want my personal bar bookmarks...)

15. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I don't think you can, a final version of Opera makes a Opera file in C:/Document and Settings/user/Application Data/Opera. A Beta version does not make this file in C:/Document and Settings/user/Application Data/Opera, so there isn't anything to import.

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

its nice but a lot of the gripes i had with small things are still here. while i like it and use opera as well as chrome tbh chrome still "feels" much faster while using it to me

17. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Please go with your eyes :eek:

18. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

CPU seems to run hotter with Opera.

19. linuxforall

Peacekeeper confirms the speed of Opera 10.5, on my PC, it beats out Chrome and it feels faster on most sites, some Google specific sites are still faster with Chrome.

Said and done its Opera followed by Chrome, the other two namely FF and IE have a lot of catching up to do.

20. bgoodman4

Ah, interesting. Thanks for clearing this up.

21. bgoodman4

As noted above by a number of folks speed is just one factor and IMO not the most important one. Top of the "important" list is security followed by features and personal preferences as to interface. Then comes speed.

A race car is fine if but if you are going cross country I would rather go with a bit of luxury. Now if you can get a real fast car that is also a luxury vehicle (which I would suggest Opera is, and its got a pretty decent safety record to boot) then you (or rather it) is golden.

I have used IE, FireFox, and Chrome, as well as looked briefly at a few others, and I choose and use Opera and will continue to do so. I love the fact that I can customize it to suit my preferences and IMHO it meets all the other specifications I mentioned above and has done so for quite some time.

22. Morthawt

Morthawt Registered Member

I love the new version 10.5 it's just blazingly fast and as good as ever with great features.

Some people poke at opera because there's bugs. Well remember all browsers are upgrading and fixing bugs/exploits all the time. Firefox, chrome, Safari, Opera and all the other browsers I don't know about all need fixes and upgrades.

23. ProrokX

ProrokX Registered Member

Yes. That`s right, but there are some minor and some really serious bugs. If my browser cannot properly play YT video, has got problems with JavaScript, etc...that for me, are some basic problems:cautious:
    I have a feeling, that Opera 10.5 was made too fast, and final version is ready probably because browser choice screen in Europe...
    To many bugs for daily use...check out Opera Desktop Team comments:D
    I really wait for Opera 10.51:argh:
    BTW. I dont remember so buggy final release of Opera:doubt:

24. Morthawt

Morthawt Registered Member

I agree they have rushed the "release" but aparently thats got to do with something about microsoft giving people a choice of what browser they want. I don't know the details about that though. As for youtube videos or javascript, everything is working perfectly here. I have a weird bug where i get the find toolbar showing up when i go in options sometimes, but other than that I have no major issues at all. Infact thanks to a post or two on this forum i have found how to disable the windows 7 thumbnail tab access on the task bar in the opera:config. So I am even more happy with opera 10.5 now. As usual, Opera will continue to fix and update so to me it's a non issue.

25. linuxforall

Well apart from minor glitches with some sites, I have no bug to report here so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.