open/viewing power point in firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by topo, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topo

topo Registered Member

need help please. i've searched trying to find a way to do this. seems only 3 add-ons(one click, google docs viewer, etc) what do you reccommend? only want to open/view pps (power point) when recieved in an email. xpsp3, ff25.0.1, sandboxie 3.76, nis2012. thanks for your help.

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

3. niki

niki Registered Member

4. topo

topo Registered Member

niki, how are you doing this? i have powerpoint viewer 2007 installed. when i get an email with pps, opening in ie8 is no problem. but using firefox, powerpoint viewer is not listed as an option. i very rarely get pps in emails but last week i got 3. thanks for your input

5. niki

niki Registered Member

In my ISP yahoo webmail I just *save to my computer* any PPS file. It dumps that file on my desktop and there I open the PPS file after scanning it with my AV. That's how I do it in Firefox and Pale Moon. I have in Fx and PM in Options>General *save to desktop* Never tried it in IE10.

Perhaps there may be a better way of doing it but the above is all I know.

EDIT: I just tried to *open* a PPS in my webmail instead of downloading it to my desktop in Firefox and it worked fine as well. I just ignored the box that showed up to open the PPS with other apps because PowerPoint is not showing there.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.