Open Hardware Monitor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by treehouse786, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

just discovered a really nice program, i have tried many similar tools but the reason why i like this one the best is because this tool shows the most sensor info, open source and fully portable too!! loving this tool. screenshots here

a single exe version is available from my sig

edit- it even shows the temp and health of my hard drives and it also picked up the fact that i am running crossfire (dual AMD graphics cards) and shows the temps and clock speeds of each one :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

0.5.1 update released;

The Open Hardware Monitor has a new remote web client developed by Prince Samuel. This allows to monitor the sensor values remotely from any web browser.
    Added support for Intel Ivy Bridge based CPUs.
    Added support for RAM hardware and implemented sensors for load and available memory.
    Added support for SSDs with a controller from Micron.
    Corrected the Sandforce SSD identification.
    Added a write amplification sensor for Sandforce based SSDs.
    Added a load sensor for hard drives that shows the used space in percent.
    Added temperature offset parameters to all hard drive temperature sensors.
    Added support for ITE IT8705F and IT8771E super I/O chips.
    Added support for Nuvoton NCT6779D super I/O chips.
    Andrey Mushatov added support for Fintek F71808E super I/O chips.
    Added mainboard specific configurations for the following ASUS maiboards: P6T, P8Z68-V PRO, P8Z77-V, P9X79.
    Added mainboard specific configurations for the following Gigabyte mainboards: EX58-UD3R, G41M-Combo, G41MT-S2, G41MT-S2P, GA-MA770T-UD3P, GA-MA785GM-US2H, GA-MA78LM-S2H, GA-MA790X-UD3P,
    H55-USB3, H55N-USB3, H61M-DS2 REV 1.2, H61M-USB3-B3 REV 2.0, H67A-USB3-B3, P55A-UD3, P67A-UD3-B3, P67A-UD3R-B3, Z68A-D3H-B3, Z68AP-D3, Z68X-UD3H-B3.
    Added support for reading more than one T-Balancer fan controller.
    Added an option to enable/disable the monitoring of any hardware group (Mainboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Fan Controllers, HDD).
    Added a simple way to customize the sensor desktop gadget background: If any of the files gadget_background.png, gadget_image.png, gadget_foreground.png, gadget_bar_background.png or gadget_bar_foreground.png are present in the working directory then these images are used instead of the default ones.
    The temperature in the system tray icons are now shown correctly in Fahrenheit when using Fahrenheit as temperature unit.
    Fixed the problem of missing tray icons after Windows startup.
    Fixed the system tray icon font scaling for Windows XP.
    Improved the data compression for storing the recorded sensor values in the configuration file.
    Changed the license to the Mozilla Public License 2.0 and update the licensing information.

3. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

Can you post screenshots of that?

Thanks.

4. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@Montmorency

Here is a screenshot of the desktop gadget, as well as the system tray info. I assume you already know what the main window looks like.

ohm.jpg

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

To add certain values to be shown on the desktop gadget and the system tray, through the main interface - right-click on the value you want shown and select "Show in Gadget" or "Show in Tray". This goes for anything - Temperatures, Fan Speeds, Voltages, Load. etc.. On mine, I prefer to only show system temperatures and load.

Wishlist:
    I wish they would have an option to join selected values in one tray icon, with hover info capabilities (Pop out window), rather than several "individual" values. More than one value can make the system tray look quite cluttered.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  5. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

@RADEON0101

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I wanted to know: the configurability.
    And I totally agree with your wishlist.

Regards.

6. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

No problem, glad I could help:thumb:

Yeah, that is the only thing I don't like about it. But, for the most part...It's a nice, user friendly application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.