Ontrack's System Suite 4

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Marianna, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Guest

Hi Root , thanks for your suggestion , I have just put the firewall through all the tests (excepting the 12 hr ports scan and vulnerability test. It passed all but the refferer test in the browser catagry . I have followed some of your threads in the other pages and and read your articals in augnitium firewalls forum , and may say that you have put a lot of time into your area of expertise . I tried a short while back to download the outpost firewall but had a minor problem with getting into my home page and connected to my line co , however that was my problem not outposts , as it looks like a excellent firewall that takes care of referrers etc . Thanks for your help and i shall keep the anti virius updated as you say , I will start looking into a anti trojan , as currently i only have Pest Patrol running , and they seem to be running away as there forums are all shut down and currently no new update on there version 4 has been sent to me as yet . Thank you for your help, kind regards , Robert

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Robert,

With respect to Anti-Trojans:
    BOClean has no trial version, but a very good "no satisfaction, money back" garantee.
    You could also have a look at Trojan Hunter; Trojan Hunter has its own support forum.
    For the basic configuration of TDS-3: see the guidelines at the special TDS forum-section on this board (see also there for the Required System Files).

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Robert,
    With respect to trying again to install KAV Lite:
    Be very cautious with this respect:
    Better safe than sorry: before installing it, change your set-up in AMON (the resident part of NOD32) in that way that Amon will not start up after a reboot.
    Once KAV Lite is installed, you could look at this directory:
    C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programma's\Opstarten
    Sorry, I have the Dutch version of Windows; somebody else with the English version has to help you here!
    See whether there is a file in that directory called something like KAV Lite Monitor.
    Delete that file there so KAV Lite Monitor will not start up with windows.
    After reboot you can again go to Amon and make it start up with Windows.
    I apologize that I don't have the English version of Windows to give you the exact right instructions. I think it would be better to wait for someone with the English version to jump in here!!!

4. root

root Registered Member

Yes indeed, the new versions of KAV do not like other avs running resident. That has to be dealt with after install.
    Jan, what do you think about Robert trying the Swiss version of KAV 3.5. I'm not sure, but I think the key may work.
    Robert, I don't try to get everyone to use Outpost because there is no one program anywhere that is the best choice for everyone. It only handles referrers on a global basis, not site to site yet. I do not consider referrers a great security risk, and they are required for some web sites, so I think you did great at PC Flank.
    I agree with Jan. I think BO Clean is a good choice for those that find TDS not to their taste.
    Please keep us informed here as we are anxious to help you be as secure as possible. People come here looking for help, ideas, suggestions, whatever. Were glad to oblidge. It's what we do because we love it.
    http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e/armed.gif
    We help arm you against the bad guys.

5. robert

robert Guest

Thanks Jan and Root , someone once said "service is the jewel in the rock of attainment " and all i can say is you are both radiant lol. I would love to check the swiss kav site out Root so will have a look for it this eve . Its , cool to know that i can ask these questions and receive such guidance that i can follow . thanks , kind regards robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.