onlypctools?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by betauser2, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does anyone else think their product boxes resemble those of symantec?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes. I also don't understand the prices :
    8 softwares @ $29.95 and 2 softwares @ $99.95 (typos?) = about $440.
    The whole package costs only $49.00.

4. dr_who2

dr_who2 Guest

I don't think I would trust the anti-keylogger program myself unless I personally tested it against some of the latest and best keyloggers around to see if it can really beat them.

A lot of these anti-keyloggers make big claims, but often fail to deliever against the better keyloggers. So your really need to do some tests to see if it can live up to the claims being made about it.

That's what I would do anyway before I put my trust in such a little known program.

And don't forget such a program is useless against a hardware keylogger. So if a hardware keylogger was being used to monitor you, this program would be worthless against it. A hardware keylogger can even be hidden within the keyboard itself, so it would be quite difficult to determine if the computer your using had one.

If it's your own computer and your sure no one else has had physical access to it then your safer against hardware keyloggers. But I would do a check for them just to be sure, if anyone else has ever used your computer.

Here's a common example of a hardware keylogger. http://www.spycop.com/keyloggerremoval.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.