only as good as the litigation

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by toploader, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toploader

toploader Registered Member

we can have all the spyware scanners in the world but if the spyware companies sucessfully litigate to have their products removed from the scanner then they can carry on infecting (ooh matron)

http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/threats

(this topic probably belongs in privacy general but there does not seem to be the facility to delete)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  2. toploader

3. toploader

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm not surprised.
    Business men want adware and adware makers make that possible
    Adware makers (and business men) don't like it when anti-spyware companies remove their adware.
    That's why I'm convinced that anti-spyware companies will change their attitude towards adware.
    MS mitigates adware already in MSAS.

5. toploader

hi Erik -that's one of the reasons i decided not to install MS scanner (plus it was beta and an MS product)

if you got money you got the clout to put the legal squeeze on people which is what the top spyware companies are now doing.

the main use of so called legit spyware is to gather stats of people's buying habits by using tracking cookies. at the moment there are millions of people out there who are not aware of tracking cookies and how to remove them, they are relatively computer illiterate, they don't realise they are being spied upon - a lot of education is needed to make people aware of the intrusion on their surfing privacy and how to stop it.

once companies are no longer getting feedback from their cookies then they will cease to pay spyware companies for their dirty work.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yet another reason, why spyware scanners are not for me. By using products such as RegDefend, Process Guard, SafenSec and Online Armor, it doesn't matter. I have the final say, and thats the way I want it.

7. toploader

i see in your signature you are a licensed user of spysweeper and counterspy so presumably you do have some faith in them Peter? i take your point though that there may be better ways to go,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.