Only 8 of every 10 emails are getting scanned

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

For some reason, about 2 out of every 10 emails I recieve does not get marked with the NOD32 scan notification (see below)

__________ NOD32 1.1295 (20051120) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
    http://www.eset.com

Obviosuly, if this were to continue, this would be a huge problem. Is there a log that I can check to see if my emails are getting scanned? Why would one not get scanned? Why would one not get marked as scanned?

Someone answered a similar thread of mine below, but I did not really understand the response. Any ideas?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    does it mean the number of files(emails) scanned in IMON's status window does not increase? Or is it that tag messages are not appended by IMON? (e.g. in case of a wrong html formating of such emails)

3. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I see what you are saying. Files might be getting scanned but just not tagged as scanned. What I would like to know is:

1. How can I check to see if the email was scanned and just not tagged? Is there a log of IMONS files scanned and what they were?

2. If an email is not tagged as scanned you are saying that this could be caused by an HTML formatting issue?

Sorry for the duplicate questions.

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yes, or sometimes what will happen is that the message gets tagged, but an HTML or MIME formatting issue makes it so you cannot see the tag. If you look at the message source, you may see the tag hidden in there.

To see the message source in Outlook Express, right-click on the message and go to Properties, then Details --> Message Source...

To see the message source in Thunderbird, highlight the message, then go to View --> Message Source (or hit Ctrl-U).

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Actually, in such case IMON doesn't know where to add the tag so you wouldn't find it even in the MIME source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.