Online Scanner

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Anthony A, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

New here and have a few questions about the online scanner.

1) Is this basically the same scanner as the free down load of Ewido? Once the free trial period is up the full version is a on demand scanner isn't it? So what is the point of downloading it? Couldn't I accomplish the same thing with the online scanner?

2) Even though it's a "on line scanner" it still downloads some files. I use Trend Micro House Call and it is a "on line Scanner" but it deposits a nice big 33MB file in c/documents and settings/user name/housecall. As far as I can tell Ewido on line scanner only has a file in c/windows/downloaded program files. Is there any other files that it installs that I am missing?

3) The on line scanner works perfectly on my laptop. I tried it on a relatives PC and it works fine until about 3/4 of the way through the scan than it just crashes and disappears and you end up at the desktop. Did this about 5 times in a row. Seems to do it when the scan hits the Java area. Whats up with that?

Thanks.

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Of course but you have to download the signatures everytime.

No as far as I know there are no other file installed.

There is actually a scan engine bug which may cause this crash. See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136681

Regards,
    Vinzenz

3. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

Thanks for the response.

As for the signature download why is this a problem? When I double click the desk top short cut to the on line scanner IE launches and in less than 5 seconds and the scanner is loaded and ready to go. If I down loaded the free version of Ewido would I not still need to update the signatures every time I ran the scan?

4. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

It seems that you're using DSL or Cable ^^

If you would using ISDN or some slower connection, or if you have a volume limit than you would prefer the free version.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.