Online Armor version 2 is out!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bio-Hazard, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I understood what Mike meant and I'm just a step above a newbie. Considering the fact that SSM is probably one of the most touted programs here (at Wilders) with many users, why would it all the sudden turn evil? Mikes sentence did include the word 'test' in it. Even if you did uninstall SSM, do you actually think that would remove the keylogger if it did exist? Don't they usually hide? Sorry, I'm not buying this criticism. A couple people jumped the gun just like I used to with false positives from my programs. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating my view. :)

@ Mike, Thanks, as you probably already know, I have posted in the OA forums. I was just looking to see if I was alone with these problems. I'm still debating a reinstall.

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Mike,

Just a tip.

When buying music in web stores, MP3 will give no problems (for registrating music lisences as a reduced rights user), but WMA music files pruchased also want to modify the following resource: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM

With DefenseWall this went automatically okay, with GeSWall Pro I had to add an configuration rule (I run them on different PC's).

Maybe OA2 just handles this fine in the Run Safer mode, maybe it is tested during Beta, may be not.

Reg K

3. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

*sigh*. If "Bellgamins people" are uninstalling their security software due to reading something on a forum without any verification whatever, then I have some really bad news - Whatever security software they run is not going to help them out in the slightest, because they lack the critical thinking skills necessary to use it.

I agree with you that the experience of this audience is diverse, and imprecise statements will cause confusion - but so will idiocy. I think this is more a case of the latter, rather than the former. I don't accept my statement was that imprecise. (FWIW, I am not suggesting either you or Bellgamin are idiots, just in case that's not 100% clear.)

Check my posting history here. I typically don't mention other products so much, and I don't think I have ever posted smartarse comments about other products - and certainly I wouldn't post up something about one that was clearly nonsense.

Consider: Gizmo is being smashed here at Wilders for his review of one product or another. I could have quite happily went along with the comments at the start of this very thread about "paying the toner guy" and you'd have all gobbled it up as evidence of Gizmo's innate badness. Instead, I told the truth.

In summary: Yes, I could have made crystal clear by putting the word "Test" after it. But since it was listed in a string of other tests I was mentioning, and I was in the middle of packing suitcases (actually, I was in the middle of being asked why I wasn't packing suitcases, an altogether more stressful experience) , it didn't ocurr to me that I needed to do so.

• I do not think SSM contains keyloggers.
    • I never said it did, and I never would say it did unless I knew it did.
    • And, if it did, and I felt the need to say something about it, it would be loud, public and precise - not as an offhand reference in the middle of a describing a series of tests against my product.

This is supposed to be a security forum. Engage brain, people. :rolleyes:

As for me - I'm disengaging mine and disappearing for 6 weeks.

Mike

Apologies to the mods here for the extra work this post will possibly cause them.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

heh heh : universal experiences unite us all. :)

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

@ MikeNash (& lucas1985)

Thanks for the feedback, I will certainly check it out, but I do find it a bit annoying that you have to activate it first, it´s a bit of a hassle for me to get network access on my virtual machine, that´s why.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Too true. I have *briefed* them accordingly.

Hey Mike, congratulations on the new version. I gave it a spin & it is superb!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  7. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi Bellgamin,

Nice to hear from ya and greetings from the UK :)

now, to go and visit a castle :D

Mike

8. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Welcome to UK. Have fun and there is plenty of Castles to visit in this country!:D

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´ve checked it out, and it does seem to be a lot more advanced than v1, but the GUI is a major turn off for me, so not for me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  10. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I am using wifi than will OA2 protect me from unknown sources / hackers to enter in my laptop ?

11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

If you have enabled the firewall part: yes it does protect you.

Gerard

12. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Anyone know where to get the free version? I don't see it on their website unless maybe the trial turns into a free version.

13. innerpeace

That would be my guess Duke. I didn't see anything on the site other than the comparison. I've been using the trial for 24 days without a problem. I just wish they would update the help file.

Cheers, innerpeace

14. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

The free OA will actually be version 1.1. I think Mike just hasnt put it up yet.

15. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi - I havent got the free version up yet, and I will be updating the help files when I return from vacation.

Mike

16. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Thanks sir.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  17. innerpeace

Thanks Mike, I sorta figured that was the reason. I was going to ask about the help files at your forums, but didn't. I knew you were on vacation and noticed the site was still being updated. The program is working flawlessly here and I'm happy with it. It still doesn't hurt to wish though ;)

18. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@Mike Nash

YOU ARE ON HOLIDAY.
    STAY OFF THE WEB : DRINK, EAT,SLEEP IN, HAVE SEX WITH OLD FRIENDS ;)
    SEE SIGHTS

We will muddle along and hit you with it all when you get back :D

Your efforts in bringing baby to delivery and perinatal care are much appreciated

You have been working ass off for months: take a break, we wont break the tool.

@the mods: ban him for the next 4 weeks. OK

Regards

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  19. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

:D You've obviously never met my old friends :D

20. 12fw

12fw Registered Member

A simple question.. sorry for butting in on the pleasant conversation!

Does the Online Arnor version 2 have a lifetime license?
    Does it function expire after a year or does it continue to work 100% after the year's purchase?

Thanks

12fw

21. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

22. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

OA2 , if purchased, will continue to function after a year - you just won't get any updates. The AV part (if you go with AV+) will, however, stop working.

23. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

what will be in trial version ?

only update will be stoped or OA will stop its function.... :cool:

24. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

The trial version will stop after 30 days (fully functional).

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This is true? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.