Online Armor v4 (Inc. Win7) Released - and Price changed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MikeNash, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

A triple shot capuccino for Mike.

Fascinating coffee facts:
    Coffee helped people work 5 16's during the industrial revolution.
    It led to the development of democracy in the cafe's of London in 1700.

OA is the best!

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

heheheh... I saw a nice T-Shirt the other day that said:

Programmer: Device that converts caffiene into software

3. munckman

munckman Registered Member

I like the update to OA's system requirement pages.:cool:

4. munckman

Yes I'm confused!

Mike as I thought i needed to apologize, I reread the postings of XPS743 in this thread.

My take is that XPS743 was unjustly labeled a troll in this thread.o_O I still do not understand why.:blink: The OA web pages were subsequently updated which is what I thought XPS743 was saying needed to be done the whole time (OA's stated support of Windows 7 on OA's System Requirement Pages). I may be dense but I don't understand all the angst towards him by some Wilders' posters?

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

He was labelled a troll, I guess, because while making trollish remarks, he kept insisting that we do not have a windows 7 version (when we do), and he then insisted it was a beta (which it's not) and then, and only then, did he use the excuse that it wasn't on the systems requirements page (which it was, as it was on every page of our site, in the top left hand corner where the OA++ promo code currently is).

Allow me to elaborate, and then I'm done here...

We're not behind on Win7. Our Win7 support was release almost concurrently with Win7.

Hands up who runs 64-bit XP? Thats why we didnt support it.

Emotive, insubstantial trolling - "too far behind" ? Too far behind what? 90% of PC's ? As they'd say on Wikipedia "Citation Needed".

Classic troll... (And generally speaking when someone says "I'm not trying to be a jerk in following sentences, it's a good indication that they are".)

More subjective, insubstantial and incorrect nonsense. We released a Win7 version VERY quickly after the official Win7 release. It is officially supported. "In theory we're behind?" I can't even begin to analyse that nonsense.

NOW he changes his tune and it's all about the web page missing the requirements...

And then more emotive, subjective trollish nonsense.. One could just as easily say "Once again proving that Mike Nash and his team are off sleeping with Lingerie Models because they haven't even taken the time to update their site".

Without access to our Analytics, he has no basis to make that statment. You'd be suprised how many people don't realise we do not support x64 till they install. (Edit: A nudge over 1% of our visitors visit 1 of the 3 "requirements" pages)

Despite the fact it was mentioned on the buy now, and download and trial pages, plus in the top left of every corner he still insists that we don't have official win7 support.

Finally, another change of tune.

Do you see now why he was labelled a troll?

Here endeth the lesson, and my participation in this thread. There's a lingerie model somewhere needing attention...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  6. munckman

Thanks for the schooling Mike but I still do not understand why the troll inference was introduced. Minutes after my post here; XPS743's wish was realized. The OA System Requirement pages were updated and I truly believe this is beneficial to all potential OA users.:thumb:

Advertising place holders may or may not be relevant to this discussion and if you strip away all posts referencing ^$ bit operating systems; what's left that is trollish pertaining to XPS743's references to OA's System Requirement pages? If you don't strip them how does that change the now changed OA System Requirements Pages? And I believe this is the crux of what XPS743 was trying to point out? :(

I guess we are both done now considering that I have learned my lessons.;) Wish I had a model.:ouch:

7. reinwald

reinwald Registered Member

hi, just wondering.. my OA premium still hasnt auto updated to v4.. is it the same for the others?

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

First, for the record, I was the one who brought up the troll comment, and it was based as much on his behavior and attitude as well as content, and it was I that removed his post after I asked him to cease and desist.

If there is nothing else to discuss I will close this thread. Also any further posts that don't directly relate to the subject, as opposed to XPS's comments. will be removed.

Pete

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Might just be time to Lock this thread and start a new one. Otherwise the previous post are ALWAYS going to get in the way of the topic.

10. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

We roll out updates slowly. Everyone should be able to update though, by now as the last set was authorised by me today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.