Online Armor Questions...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Hi, I needed to know first of all if there is a way to clear out the existing PROGRAM list. I barely trying the trial version to see if I should purchase it, so far so good But I also wanted to know why its blocking this when trying to update my regrun security files, it showed this in the history log?

DANGEROUS CONTENT DETECTED - www.greatis.com\security\download.htm

dja2k

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

The current beta version of OA has the capability of removing programs from the list along with a huge number of other changes since we released 1.1.0.198.

The item probably relates to a rule that ran against the webpage. For example, if exes are present behind links you could end up with an alert as OA warns in this case.

Cheers

Mike

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

You are talking about an unreleased beta to the public right? Cause the one I am using has no delete from list, only delete traces of installed or runned software though the software stays in the list as red flagged.

dja2k

4. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi dja2k,

Yes, I am talking about the Online Armor that we're currently getting ready for release - it's expected in the next few days and has been in fairly heavy beta testing for the last few weeks.

In the new version, you can right-click a program and remove it from the list. As soon as we get the last remaining wrinkles out of it (mostly cosmetic at this stage) we'll be putting it up for download, and on the automatic updates server.

regards

Mike

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks, will be waiting for that new version to come out.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.