Online Armor Q

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Is Online Armor FW now already available for Vista this means both the free and paid, and also how would you rate this FW and would it be worth giving it a shot. Also I know there's a free and paid version.

2. guest

guest Guest

where is it?

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I asked the question whether it is available for Vista.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It is being worked on, but has not gone "gold" yet. I believe when it's ready the Vista support will be available in both free and paid versions. I rate it highly and will definitely try the new version when it becomes available. For more info go directly to tallemu.com.

5. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

Don't hold your breath waiting for the Vista version. You think they would have the Vista version by now. I've been waiting since February when they posted they were considering developing a Vista version.

Someone earlier asked what the difference was between Outpost 2009 and AO. One major difference, Outpost supports Vista and OA doesn't!

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, I would agree that holding one's breath is not a good idea ;) If you read the messages in the tallemu forum though you will see that they are committed to attaining Vista compatibility and beta testing is moving along (no stated release date yet).

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Sounds like you think this is something that can be done overnight.

Actually the Vista version is coming along very nicely, and in fact is on the verge of a public beta. There are also significant enhancements.

That being said to answer one question asked here, initially the free version will not be Vista compatible, only the paid version.

Pete

8. DarrylW

DarrylW Registered Member

The public beta release of Online Armor for Vista is imminent. While there had been some discussion about holding back on the free version for Vista, this will not be the case, ie, there will be an Online Armor Free for Vista very soon.

Regards,

Darryl

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.