Online Armor Official 15$ Discount

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MikeNAS, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

2. subset

subset Registered Member

Oh,

they put it at their main page... better late than never. :argh:

Cheers

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, good deal, but I'm still waiting for Vista support (how about it Mike?) :cool:

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Vista support gets closer and closer. You might ask Mike about taking advantage of the discount now, and if it will apply to the vista version, when it arrives. Don't know Mikes plans, but the discount might go away with a vista release.

Pete

5. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

yes I'd be interested on vista & discount going forward to a vista build...

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

A yea eagerly waiting for vista support. Being vista been out for some time now, when will the vista Armor to be.:(

7. HyperFlow

HyperFlow Registered Member

why would any one take a chance/or Evan consider if OA will honer any thing payed for before vista support Evan at 34.95$ for 2yr what good is it if OA can not produce a working produced for vista any time soon sound like buy now and hope for the best.

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Y do people wanna rush OA into Vista. Yall know Mike right. He's working on it!

I rather have a stable OA on Vista then a totally bugged version.

9. Peter2150

Exactly, and it IS being worked on.

10. Peter2150

Removed one inappropriate post.

11. Dark Shadow

Re: On line Armor Official 15$ Discount

The fact is vista been out for some time now and most popular security apps are working well with vista.Imo online armor is a little behind but at the same time I rather have a stable product then a crash and burn one.That said Ill be patient.

12. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

A little behind? It's a joke.

13. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

peter do you have any idea if OA will support Vista x64?

14. Peter2150

I don't believe it will support any of the X64 versions. At least not early on.

Pete

15. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Yea and it wasn't like vista was a surprise release either. Everyone knew it was in the pipeline for a long time. MS gave developers extra time to get everything ready by delaying consumer release until after christmas.

16. Peter2150

Not sure this is all that relevant. OA vista development didn't start when Vista was released. There were other issues deemed more important, and those were worked on first. Then Vista work commenced. Although people here and at the forum are asking about Vista versions, it still only represents 10% of the inquires.

All that being said it's close.

17. Dark Shadow

Hi peter, I do agree the percentage maybe lower but known vista was on the move,I would think one would start preparing a head of time.Look at all the antivirus programs that a very good percentage of folks run are vista ready and stable.If they did not prepare for the folks that would upgrade to vista, a lot of folks that depend on Antivirus programs would have been left out in the cold with no blanket so to speak.

18. Peter2150

True, but you also have to consider a smaller organization without unlimited resources, so do you put the resources into the version that most want or divert to a new product where the demand isn't yet fully developed. Every business has to make these hard choices.

19. Dark Shadow

well thats true as well, they do have choices to make.Well any ways Im sure it will be worth the wait.

20. Peter2150

I totally agree. Take care.

21. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi Hyperflow,

Take a chance? If we say we're going to do something, we do it. If we say that a licence key you purchase now will work on our Vista version, then it will.

That's a public statement made by the guy that owns the company, and I've a long history of keeping my word.

Hi djohn,

We've been meaning to get into Vista for quite a while, but until recently the numbers were just too low to support any serious activity there for us. Even today, 90% of the visitors to our site are running XP. When 90% of your potential customers run XP, that's what you focus on.

(For a comparsion - we dropped win98 support when only 10% of our visitors ran win9:cool:

Of course, Vista is the future - and we recognise that more and more people are running it, so recently we started to apply some serious effort to getting the Vista version up and running.

At the current moment, Online Armor is running on Vista and although it works pretty nicely on our office hardware, once we got it out to some of our private testers we found a few new problems - many of which have been fixed thanks to their help.

Right now we need a bit of time to solve some the last outstanding issues. We have to be very careful with this release - I want our first Vista release to be a good one.... I'd rather take the heat for not having a vista version than releasing a bad one.

So - I'm sorry if you're waiting for Vista, but I hope it explains where we're at, and why we're doing it.

Vista will go to the Beta test team as soon as our private test team sign off on it, and then it will leave Beta once the beta folks say it's ok.

Mike

22. Dark Shadow

Thank you mike and I am very thankfull for the great explanation and your word is good enough for me. I am looking forward to a stable vista release. please note you never will get bashed by me,If I came accross that way I am truly sorry.If dont like a product or have issues with one,I simply move on.My general rule Is If I have nothing Nice to say about anyone or anything,I try to say nothing at least most of the Time.again thank you for your valuable Time to respond.best regard Dave

23. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi Dave,

Was never a question in my mind, don't worry about it.

Mike

24. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Wise words, i salute you!

25. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

I only bring it up because I vaguely recall you stating something to the effect of "not enough demand to justify resources". Of course now you put it into context, it makes more sense. However I still would have seen a release earlier though. It has been 2 years since the Vista RTM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.