Online Armor (Free) with KAV 2013

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by berryracer, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I just installed Online Armor for the first time.

I had Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 already installed and I disabled the Built in Windows 7 Firewall.

Browsing is fine and fast just like it was before online armor.

Anything else I should do to ensure smooth operation? Is there anything in Online Armor or in Kaspersky Anti-Virus that you recommend me to do?

When Trying to install Outpost Firewall before it instructed me to disable the Kaspersky NDIS Filter from the Network Connections and reboot, even though, my browsing was severly affected with Outpost so I guess it was not compatible with KAV at all.

I am glad that Online Armor is fine, but just want to make sure I'm doing it right

PS: I don't know if KAV has HIPS as well and whether I should disable Online Armor's HIPS? Im not sure

any advice is appreciated

thanks

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

You could saved yourself the $$ on KAV and downloaded Zone Alarm Anti-Virus/Firewall Suite - which has the Kaspersky AV engine and a highly regarded firewall. The price? - FREE! :D

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi berryracer,
    I am running OA free with Avast free right now and no conflict so far. This setup is much lighter than KIS which was on my system for the last 11 months.

4. berryracer

Pls stay on topic guys, this isn't what I asked.

I have tried nearly every AV out there and KAV is the one that worked best for meh. Not even KIS was good (resource hog)

So I just want to ensure that it's ok to run Online Armor with KAv using the default settings and how come the net works fine and is not slow even though I haven't disabled the NDIS Driver like it was in the case of Outpost Firewall which instructed me to disable the KIS NDIS Driver from the Network Connections

5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

You need to find your setup and quit fiddling, you're never happy :D KAV does not have any HIPS capability so you'll need to rely on OA if you're wanting that function. And gosh Berry, perhaps KAV is lighter than KIS because it doesn't have a firewall/HIPS and several other bells and whistles attached to it? :p Don't worry about why Outpost did this and that and worry only if KAV and OA cause problems. Outpost is a rather crappy program in my opinion, I've never ever liked it. There was an obvious conflict between KAV and Outpost but since Outpost is gone from your system, that's not relevant.

6. berryracer

Ok, now I know why there hasn't been a conflict so far it's because KAV does not have HIPS! thanks for that clarification dawg.

I am liking my Online Armor so far browsing speed hasn't been affected at all :) and no system slow downs! top notch free product!

7. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

Just let both programs run for a few months and see how it goes. Leave all options turned on both programs..KAV is a strong AV and OA is a excellent firewall...I believe this set-up should work well for you...Have a question about KAV or OA read the help file...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.