Online Armor (free) and server rights

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Firebytes, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

As a long time ZA free user (only firewall I have ever used) I am used to being able to allow/deny server rights to individual programs. It is my understanding that in Standard Mode in OA Free when a program is allowed internet access it is also automatically allowed to act as a server to minimize pop-ups for users.Is there a way that a user can manually deny server rights to a program in OA Free in Standard Mode. I wouldn't really need the Advanced Mode (if its even available in the free version) with all the reported additional pop-ups for each port and such that a program might use, but I would like to be able to configure server rights if possible. I still have ZA free now but may switch firewalls soon due to a ZA and MS update conflict... and I will not update to a newer version of ZA to fix it.

Thanks

2. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Yep. You can create a blocking rule for this program where Proto = Both (or individual protocol), direction = In and Ports = 0-65535 (or individual set). To make it easy you can make a copy of another rule for this program and then tweak new rule

Attached Files:

• 2.gif
      2.gif
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Is that from the free version though? If so, is that the standard mode or the advanced mode? I didn't see that many options in the screenshots I looked at previously for the standard mode of the free version.

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

This is standard mode, but my version is 2.1.0.151 (RC beta). Though, as far as I remember you can create blocking incoming rule in 131 Free as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.