Online Armor (free) and server rights

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Firebytes, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

As a long time ZA free user (only firewall I have ever used) I am used to being able to allow/deny server rights to individual programs. It is my understanding that in Standard Mode in OA Free when a program is allowed internet access it is also automatically allowed to act as a server to minimize pop-ups for users.Is there a way that a user can manually deny server rights to a program in OA Free in Standard Mode. I wouldn't really need the Advanced Mode (if its even available in the free version) with all the reported additional pop-ups for each port and such that a program might use, but I would like to be able to configure server rights if possible. I still have ZA free now but may switch firewalls soon due to a ZA and MS update conflict... and I will not update to a newer version of ZA to fix it.

Thanks

2. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Yep. You can create a blocking rule for this program where Proto = Both (or individual protocol), direction = In and Ports = 0-65535 (or individual set). To make it easy you can make a copy of another rule for this program and then tweak new rule

Attached Files:

• 2.gif
      2.gif
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Is that from the free version though? If so, is that the standard mode or the advanced mode? I didn't see that many options in the screenshots I looked at previously for the standard mode of the free version.

4. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

This is standard mode, but my version is 2.1.0.151 (RC beta). Though, as far as I remember you can create blocking incoming rule in 131 Free as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.