Online Armor beta 7.0.0.1862 has been released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Ok, you are one of the few that do not use their whitelist. It acts similar to a cloud AV which is good to have. If your whitelist works for you then that's fine, but you will receive a lot more prompts from OA.

2. guest

guest Guest

That's why I use it. Bring on the popups! :D

3. Cutting_Edgetech

I use to use OA like that, but I just didn't see any gain in security because of their cloud AV technology that has been partially integrated into OA. When I say partially I mean it can detect malicious files, and block them. It can not remove them unless you have EAM which I actually have a few questions myself about the difference in detection when it comes to the database being used. I think OA only uses it's in house community cloud database, but I could be wrong. EAM has Bitdefender as well.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Cutting_Edgetech

If its not too much trouble it would be great if you could submit a bug report so they can fix the issue if you have not already. I'm part of the closed testing group, and we have a tracking system for submitted bugs. I'm not positive where non beta testers submit their bugs. I sent a message to Andrew asking, but he has not returned my message yet. I believe you would report the bug in the feedback section of the forum, but i'm not positive. It can be found here http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/50...d-suggestions/ I will get back with you when Andrew replys to my message.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Andrew's reply was

Via any possible support way ;)

e.g. support forums, helpdesk, emails.

Andrew is a really easy going guy. I'm sure he would be happy to help in any way he can. I'm willing to help also with my limited knowledge. Andrew's the man though when it comes to OA.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Btw.. Kelvin there is a known bug with Windows 8, and OA which I believe causes system freezes. If I remember correctly it has something to do with hibernation mode. I don't have Windows 8 so I don't know much about that OS yet. Emsisoft is working on fix for it now. It's the only bug i'm aware of that is preventing OA 7.0.0.1862 from being released as a final build.

7. Cutting_Edgetech

I went back, and looked at some post about the bug I mentioned. It seems it's a bug with Microsoft, and it applies to Windows 8.1. I'm note sure if it affects Windows 8. It causes system freezes, and BSOD's when Windows enters sleep mode. It has been verified by Microsoft, and Microsoft is currently working on a fix for it. A fix is expected to be released by Microsoft soon. It is listed as affecting Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if it affects Windows 8. You can read more about it here. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...in-ndisimdeinitializedeviceinstance?forum=wdk Regardless it would be a good ideal to submit a bug report. It may not be the problem at all.

8. MakePB

MakePB Registered Member

OA slow down boot more than 3 minutes om my Win7x64 and i've yesterday uninstalled it from my system. I tried everything but nothing help at all. It works excellent on Vistax32 and i will keep them there but not on Win7x64.

Now i'm looking for something else.

9. guest

guest Guest

Well, I use OA because I need a HIPS. I don't need their whitelist and blacklist. It's me who decide what to allow and what to block. If I want to block legit rundll32.exe from running, I'll block it. If I want to allow keylogger.exe from running, I'll allow it. So, without any means to discredit the hard works from the developer, the cloud feature is pointless to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.