Online Armor beta 7.0.0.1862 has been released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I have been trying Online Armor beta 7.0.0.1862 for the past several days, and it is working great on my Laptop! This has been the lightest version for me yet. The only time I can even tell it's there is when opening a new application for the first time. There is a very brief pause while OA checks Emsisoft's database, but when I open the application again there is no longer any pause. You can download it if you have beta updates enabled.

Please note that some Windows 8.1 users are having issues when using Standby, and I believe that is the only reason this beta has not been released as a stable public release. Their working on a fix for it now. Give it a try, and if you encounter any bugs then please report them to Emsisoft.

Here is the change log: http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2013/09/22/beta-updates-2013-09-22/

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I have the current beta running on VM and it's running well. I really like that it classifies something as virus or malware and blocks it. I got a lot of those when I was running Baidu and OA together as a combo. Very nice so far.

3. guest

guest Guest

Yup yup, no lags or slowdowns here. Running it on my real machine. Gotta love it when 7 final is released. :cool:

4. kjdemuth

Might actually switch from comodo firewall.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Yeah, this is the smoothest running version of OA I have seen yet. Its running great.

6. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Running here as well on XP Pro SP3.

7. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

Absolutely agree with how well Online Armor 7.0.0.1862 has evolved for the betterment...I now like it so much that I bought a 3 pc license and it works beautifully on all my units....I tried to love Kaspersky IS 2014 but the slow-downs when using the web were excruciating....Great job Emsisoft!!

8. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I have to take back my quote above as I actually had to revert to the stable version as the beta, while using low CPU and RAM like the current stable version, for some reason makes my desktop replacement fans spool up and down annoyingly on a regular basis. Reverting back fixes that annoyance.

C'est la vie.

9. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Is the final version coming out soon? It's been 1 year now since OA 6.0 was released.

10. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Causes system freezes. Nothing new.
    Windows 7 64.
    Appguard beta
    Sandboxie beta

11. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Same, works fine for about an hour, and then starts acting up and freezing the computer.

12. guest

guest Guest

It's working fine here. o_O

I wish they will give us an option to select what components to get updates. I don't need whitelist and domain database updates, just the necessary components for the program itself.

13. imdb

imdb Registered Member

could you share your reason for that switch with us? pros&cons-wise.

14. kjdemuth

Sure. I've used both comodo and OA for a while now. The thing I like most about OA is the HIPS and it's notifications. In this newest version I noticed that it was actively blocking malware really well. Since I already use sandboxie, I really don't need the sandbox or Virtualization in Comodo's firewall. Both of them are light on the system, comodo maybe slightly lighter. Both have great support and active forum's. I do like that comodo has the cloud AV checking files. Other than that they both are good options for stand alone firewalls.

15. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Maybe an issue with OA and appguard perhaps.

16. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks

17. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

Giving this version a spin,only hope it doesn't bog down my system and prevent me from watching video's and blocking some web sites like the last version did...Running KAV 2014 all running very smooth at this time...:thumb:

18. Cutting_Edgetech

Did you make OA a power app, and make the needed memory guard exceptions for OA in AG? There are actually quite a few exceptions you would need to safely run the two together. I have been running them together without any problems, but I have several exceptions defined which were needed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  19. Cutting_Edgetech

What other real-time security software do you have installed? What OS are you using?

20. Cutting_Edgetech

I believe the whitelist updates are part of the cloud which keeps good applications from being blocked which is also part of the defense to block malware. Why would you not want the whitelist, and domain database to update?

21. guest

guest Guest

Because I have my own whitelist and domain list.

22. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Yes, but using AG 4. I loved OA back in the day, but sadly they are putting all interest in EAM, and slowly degrading (neglect) OA.
    It seems like a replay of "First defense" the best program ever!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
  23. agreste

agreste Registered Member

Online Armor 7.0.0.1866 Beta
    -http://tmp.emsisoft.com/oa/trunk/7.0.0.1866/OnlineArmorSetup.exe-

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
  24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This is not an officially released beta. Official beta's are release in the EMSIsoft forum beta section. Getting them from anywhere else, you may not really know what you are downloading.

Pete

25. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Windows 8x64, running nothing at all! Pretty weird, happens every time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.