Online Armor and RealPlayer Install Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

All of my problems with installing RealPlayer began when I chose to block realsched.exe from loading at startup with Online Armor. Soon thereafter, a RealPlayer Setup message came up that said that I currently do not have administrator access to the windows registry which aborted the installation. FYI, I am running an account that has administartor privileges. Additionally, evidence of the blocking of realsched.exe does not appear in "programs", but does appear in "history" in OA's user interface. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi,

Instead of using OA to block that pest, try doing it with msconfig.

StevieO

3. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks StevieO for your input.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You shouldn'd need to suppress realsched.exe by using an external app., ideally you should be able to do it from within the program. If you bring up RealPlayer and click Tools/Preferences/Autonatic Services/AutoUpdate and uncheck the box for 'Automatically download....updates', that should remove tkbell.exe/realsched.exe from out of your startup lineup.

Failing that , you can always try changing the name of realsched.exe.

5. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks TopperID for your advice. FYI, I was able to resolve my RealPlayer problems with Mike of OA's help.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.