Online Armor and Avira 8 Web Guard

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by innerpeace, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

Made a test with Maxthon...also working...
    maxth.png

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Nod 3's webscanning works with sanboxed browsers. In fact you can define what is a browser or not and it will be scanned respectively.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

You're absolutely right, but this doesn't apply to NODv2 (which has seperate modules AMON/IMON etc.) :).

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s a nice feature.

Does these AVs scan Instant Messengers etc as well.

5. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

AFAIK You can define anything that wants internet access as a web browser. It will be scanned with the web scanner first. For example if I surf with Opera inside Virtualbox then everything will be scanned through the web scanner because i defined Virtualbox as a web browser. Its the same for sandboxed browsers. I cant test an IM right now but it should be the same. Although its marked as a web browser in the settings. You can even mark Word as a web browser :)

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No and it probably won't. It's not a child parent issue. For something to run safer, it has to change system privileges for that program. Sandboxie, isn't letting it tinker with the system. If you are running Sandboxie you don't need run safer.

My browsers run under Sandboxie, and I run Outlook, and Windows Media Player under Run Safer.

Pete

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s really nice!

8. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Update: I tried reinstalling Avira and it didn't help. I also tried 2 other browsers (k-meleon and Opera) and WebGuard still didn't scan when they where sandboxed. Tzuk is going to look into the matter so hopefully it can be fixed.

Thanks Peter. I know I have complained before about run safer and sandboxie, but I guess they will never get along. Like I've said before, DropMyRights works fine sandboxed so I will stick with it. I'll quit complaining now :blink:.

Cheers,
    innerpeace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.