Online Armor 5.0 RC available now

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by delah, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm running this new OA RC on 5 machines now without any problems so far. Running 2 XP Pro X 32, and 3 W7 X 64 with no problems to report. I believe it want be much of a wait for the final to be released.

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Same here...XP Pro SP3 :thumb:

3. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

I have a request: Could someone try new OA with Kaspersky AV 2011 ? Especially running a different programs? I had some problems when i was on KAV trial and want to verify if it's a common issue or my PC got a bad day ;)

As for GUI changes, i only miss buttons form EAM. They would look better then current ones :)

4. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Yes it should be able to do that
    With extra option for trusted, unknown and untrusted program
    You can see at the screen shot about the protection detail. It gave u so many customization

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  5. Barthez

Actually i was able to protect single files too with file shield (by putting file name instead of *), so possibly you could protect even some kind of files too (like *.jpg ; mov*.* etc.).

6. Cutting_Edgetech

I'm an OA beta tester, and I have not seen many problems to report with any of the builds for some time now. So I think the majority of OA user's are going to be very happy with the new version when it is released. If your not using OA then I recommend you give it a try. It's running smooth, light, and problem free for me.

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

what about it remembering your actions? or does it still not remember and give millions of popups, If it still ignores those, then I'm not bothering :shifty:

8. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

This latest release seems to be working great for me. I had issues with 4.5 on my win7 64 pc but they seem to have fixed those with this release 5. I also have it running on my win7 32 and no problems to report. I am using Avast 6 with it also. Using runsafer for my Firefox 4 browser, everything is light and fast. The only popups I'm getting is when OA doesn't know the software. I have not seen any repeat popups.

Ice

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Yes, I had the same problem in version 4 after OA went 64bit compatible, but I no longer have that problem. I don't get prompted for much of anything. The white list seems to be much larger now, and it remembers what I tell it.

10. Barthez

From my experience, Online Armor doesn't have any problems with remembering your actions. I saw slightly larger amounts of popups only when installing software (with installer flag). Most of them came from files created by installer and placed in %TEMP% folder. Bedside that, it's fairly quiet.

HTH

11. ZeroBits

ZeroBits Registered Member

I still get issues with it interfering with VMware when starting machines...

Seems to have been an issue for a while now.

12. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Same here, this has been a problem for about 6 months at least. You just can't run this FW With VM s in Workstation. VM Workstation won't load.

13. blasev

blasev Registered Member

I use vmware workstation with OA 4.5 and also 5,
    they both works just fine with wmware
    Just set some of the necessary component to be trusted

14. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Is the upcoming Online Armor 5.0 going to be tested by Matousec?

15. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

The Start wizard takes a looot of time to scan the pc...it took around 25 minutes on my pc !

16. EboO

EboO Registered Member

No news about for the moment.

17. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Same here,waaay to long!!And i have some portable apps which were crippled by OA.Crippled means that the programs wouldn't start anymore,because of xenocode virtual app could not be found.And the apps that i'm talking about were in trusted files. Uninstalled OA and everything is normal.

18. EboO

EboO Registered Member

Have you tried to launch the wizard with "trust all" ?

If the problem is still here you're invited to report this bug on the Emsisoft forum please, it could help to improve OA before the release.

19. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

No news is Good news?

20. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Complete failure for me. I got stuck in prompt loop about SRWare Iron browser has "changed". Probably incompatible with Sandboxie.

Well, back to LnS. This test did not last long. :argh:

21. EboO

EboO Registered Member

Probably no. But i can be wrong.

22. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

I agree with you since I also tested it and my conclusion is that OA is still too chatty. There are pop-ups galore and OA relies too much on the user knowledge to make the right decision. Even Comodo can do better, and I'm not a fan of Comodo. :thumbd:

Thanks.

23. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Comodo seems to have quieted their pop-ups at the expense of the rest of the components properly working. I tested it out last week and was still facing the same old issues of answers not being remembered and the never ending fight with pending files. This RC of OA remembers what I tell it, but I'd agree about its "chattiness".

24. blasev

blasev Registered Member

reduce the chatty-ness by using learning mode or install mode.
    I also hate to many pop ups, and never been a fans of HIPS
    but OA RC does not bother me too much... ;)

25. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I always run the "trust all" wizard as when i'm installing new security programs,i revert to a clean snapshot.
    And i hate the fact that i can't downgrade anymore my OA++ licenses to OA premium.For me this RC is not ready to be installed on my system.Waiting for the final release.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.