online armor 4.5 64 bit question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wutsup, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders, i uninstalled private firewall because i started to not like it. i tried outpost firewall free 64 bit awhile ago but it would freeze up my computer unless you disable the HIPS. the firewall portion worked fine just that the hips would make vista 64bit freeze up

so my question is what would happen if i ran the online armor free set up on my vista 64 bit machine(not supported). would it even try to install or would it just say not compatible with vista 64bit?

2. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

OA will likely work on Vista x64, but is not officially supported "yet". There is invite as the link above points out for the beta testing for the same. There have been unofficial installations/tests which did not bring out any issues as of now.
    OA will not give any message like " not compatible" and install will go on.

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

so i want to install the free version of online armor which has just the web shield, program guard/hips, and the firewall.

these should all work right? even though vista 64bit isnt officially supported.

and do i have to use the -dragonslayor command switch?

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

online armor 64 bit 4.5.0.234 works on vista 64bit!

hey wilders,

i just installed online armor version 4.5.0.234 on my vista 64 bit gaming computer and it works fine. but i have a couple of questions.

1. what is the default installation of online armor 64 bit called? for me it installed in folder called Online Armor in programs x86 folder. i thought it was suppose to be installed in a folder called Tall Emu?

2.Im also running sandboxie 64bit and online armor keeps running sandboxxed firefox in run safer mode with the green border which disables the color and appearance that it was before. if i run regular firefox, i get the color and appeareance that i had it set to. how do i disable run safer for sandboxie?

3.when OA first started up on my comp, there were 2 processes called oareg.exe. but after a few minutes they went away. is it suppose to do that?

6. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Re: online armor 64 bit 4.5.0.234 works on vista 64bit!

Since Online Armor was bought out by Emsisoft it is no longer owned by Tall Emu so it will not be in that folder any more.

To disable the run safer, open the OA main interface, click programs and look for Firefox.exe and click run Trusted or run normal, whatever it is.

The other processes that are launched during the first boot up with OA are for the learning mode, I'm assuming, that it goes through that lasts about two minutes.

7. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

ah ok thx for the info, so the isntall location is suppose to be program files(x86/Online Armor?

yea i tried looking for sandboxie or firefox and they are not set to run safer so i dont know why its running in safer mode. when i run firefox not sandboxed, it looks normal, but when i run sandboxxed firefox it goes into run safer mode which defaults back to the normal windows vista color theme which i dont want

8. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

well i uninstalled it because it felt sorta buggy. so i unstinalled it and it unstinalled fine the first time and windows firewall automatically turned back on reboot. and then i installed it again to see if it would work

when i uninstalled it a second time and restarted. i noticed that it didnt turn back on windows firewall automatically like the first time. isnt windows firewall suppose to turn on automatically after the restarting your computer after uninstalling a third party firewall? did OA free not uninstall correctly?

and also during the installing, online armor installed some network drivers called TLEM network service that windows vista did not recognize but they were from emsi software gmbh. how do i uninstall those?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  9. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

When you uninstall OA it will usually uninstall the drivers with it. If you think they are still there open your device manager by clicking start, right clicking computer and click manage. click Device Manager. Then at the top click View then check Show Hidden Devices. Look for it under Non-Plug and Play Drivers.

10. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i tried reinstalling online armor, while it installed fine, i dont get the TLEM network service pop up when trying to install it now. i did get the first time i installed it. and also the OA helper driver doesnt show up in network status anymore. the OA helper driver installed fine the first time i installed it though.

how do i make oa helper driver install correctlyo_O i tried uninstall and reinstalling and rebooting the computer and it doesnt work. please help

and also when i uninstall it it doesnt feel like it uninstalls correctly because it doesnt turn back on windows firewall automatically after restarting like it did the first uninstalltion.

EDIT: yea when i unstinalled it the second time i checked in device manager and OAmon was still there......... even after uninstalling

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.