Online Armor 1.1 or RegRun Gold NIVA 4.1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

I am having a difficult time deciding bewteen purchasing Online Armor 1.1 or RegRun Gold NIVA 4.1. I acknowledge that both security applications are good in detecting and preventing the installation of malware. I would like to purchase both, but can only buy one at this time. Which of the two should I buy based upon my present security setup listed below? Which security apps. can I uninstall with the addition of either OA or RRG?

Ad-Aware SE(free)
    Blacklight Beta
    Counterspy
    Eudora(free)
    Ewido(free)
    Harden-It
    Look'n'Stop(resident;"active")
    NOD32(resident;"active")
    Opera
    RootKitRevealer
    Samurai
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster
    Task Catcher(resident;"active")
    TrojanHunter(resident;"active")
    UnHackMe(resident;"active")
    Watcher
    Windows Worms Door Cleaner
    WinPatrol Plus(resident;"active")
    WormGuard

I would greatly appreciate any comments or opinions to this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. muf

muf Registered Member

I am currently running both. Regrun Gold(registered), OA(trial). I would say based on your current setup that you would benefit more from RRG than OA. RRG has better registry protection which is something your current setup could do with. It also has lots of 'toys' to play with and they are 'toys' that are useful and not just for show. Another alternative for you is to purchase OA and the standard version of RR. If you can produce a licence for something that you will run OA in place of then you can get $10 off the price of OA. And with RR standard version costing $19.99 and OA at $29.95 thats the same price as RRG. Then later you can upgrade to the Gold version for an additional £24.95 which just happens to work out at $5 less than buying Gold on it's own(Standard $19.95 + Gold upgrade $24.95 = $44.90).

Maybe worth consideration.

muf

3. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks muf, this is one good option that I did not even consider.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.