One Web Site very slow to load

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by hereditus, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hereditus

hereditus Registered Member

Since I have loaded the security Suite, one of my favourite web sites has slowed to a crawl (5 minutes to load)
    www.iii.co.uk I am on btinternet maximum 8mb
    I used to have this same problem with Avast, but after an update it went OK.
    I only have problems with this site all the others seem OK, I had no trouble when I just had NOD32. Any ideas please.

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

it loads in 2 seconds for me, both with javascript and without

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Same here, I am using ESS with Firefox.

4. hereditus

Any suggestions as to why, or how the settings could be changed?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The problem may not be ESS related .

Temporary disable the protections of ESS (the antivirus+antispyware and the firewall) , try to access the site again to check if it makes a difference. Report back your result.

Then immediately turn back on ESS's firewall and other protections

6. LordStriker

LordStriker Registered Member

Same here, 2-3 seconds to load. ESS - Opera 9.50b.

7. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i am dialup user with ess v566
    it take 15 second to load on ie6
    no problem here

8. hereditus

HiTech boy, thank you for your response, I followed your instructions but it made no difference after turning the antivirus,antispyware and firewall off. I don't understand why, because I had no trouble using NOD32 AV. I would be gratefull for any advice.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Does it make difference if you temporary uninstall ESS and they with no ESET protection try to access the site . If it makes difference , it may be ESS but if it doesn't the problem is not there.

After ESS uninstall , also try to repair Winsock:
    Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

10. hereditus

HiTech boy I will try as you suggest, and will report back later. Thank you.

11. hereditus

The site loaded immediately with ESS uninstalled.

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very strange is this

Try Winsock repair
    Install ESS
    Update it
    Open Advanced Setup Tree
    Visit Web access protection -> HTTP -> Excluded web pages and add www.iii.co.uk as excluded

If this doesn't help , report to ESET from the internal application form . Open Help -> Contact Customer Care , fill in the data and press Next . Allow ESS to get data for its settings and your system . ESET will then investigate in details

13. hereditus

HiTech boy, I have run winsock reset to no avail, however I had a near disaster when I tried to re install ESS after trying it uninstalled. It would not run and I got the message that "Set up does not support upgrade from NOD32, please uninstall NOD32" I think the reason is when I upgraded it was to the earlier version and I downloaded and installed the newest version. I had to use system restore to recover.
    I will follow your instructions and report to Eset, I thank you for trying to help, i am begining to wish I had not upgraded to ESS and had stayed with the AV but I don't suppose I can get a refund. I should have run the trial longer.

14. hereditus

Real problems, I filled in the Customer Care but when I click Finish I get " Customer Care Request could not be processesd"

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Did you have active internet connection when you clicked Finish ?

Save the text somewhere and try again after restart .

16. hereditus

I have tried 3 times and I get the same message each time, I am really fed up with this program and feel that I should revert back to NOD32, but I am now in a position of not being able to uninstall and reinstall ESS

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Download the latest installer for ESS from www.eset.com/download (make sure you choose the correct version) , start it on your computer and use to Uninstall your ESS (or perform repair installation) .

After this repair is done , goto Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services , find ESET's service , right click it and choose Stop

Uninstall ESS from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs

After reboot , delete manually these folders:

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

(for XP)

and install NOD32 2.7 (download from www.eset.com/download) . Make sure to use a firewall (e.g. the built in Windows Firewall)

18. hereditus

I have downloaded ESS Version 5.063, but when I try to run it I get the message that there is a later version on my computer and it ends.

19. hereditus

I could stop the service and uninstall ESS and then delete the folders you suggest and then download NOD32.2.7

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Glad to read this soted out the problem . Enjoy your NOD32 :thumb:

21. hereditus

Sorry HiTech boy, the problem is not sorted. First I have now repaired ESS v 3.0.566/0 There is still no change in loading the iii web site. I have not uninstalled ess because NOD32 is just an AV and it cost me £38 to upgrade. I have emailed ESET and pointed out the problems that I am experiencing and asked for a refund, so that I can revert back to NOD32. I will see what they say,
    I thank you for your time and help, and I will post the eventual outcome.

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am not sure because here in Bulgaria we still cannot sell ESS but doesn't the ESS license support NOD32 v2 download/usage ?

If not you can temporary install v2 trial version , download from here:
    http://www.eset.eu/download/trial

23. hereditus

Does NOD32 v2 have a firewall and antispyware function?

24. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET NOD32 Antivirus - both v3 and v2 have antivirus , antispyware , antithreat protection . No firewall . You can use the integrated in Windows XP and Vista Windows Firewall

25. hereditus

I will uninstall then and see how I go on, but I will leave it until I have had a reply from ESET incase they want me to try some fixes before reverting back to NOD32
    I am still wondering if they will refund the money.
    I thank you again for your help, and I will post back when I get a response from ESET to let you know the outcome.
    Hereditus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.