One-time skip of scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dan1, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan1

dan1 Registered Member

I want to manually run a full backup that previously failed when it ran scheduled, but while it's running manually it might run into the start time of another scheduled task. Will the other scheduled backup task try to run concurrently, and cause problems? Is there any "one-time" skip option of a scheduled backup I can use on the unwanted task, or do I have to change the scheduling, update, then try to remember the next day to put back in its schedule time?

TI v10 Home
    Win XP Home

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

The scheduled task should wait till the current task has finished. It should then run as normal.

I use the word should because I have never run into that particular problem. If you are at the computer when the now redundant scheduled task runs you can stop it by right clicking the icon in the task bar and stop the process.

I have found Version 10 100% reliable in running scheduled backups. However if you think there may be a conflict check with the TI logs to see that all has gone as expected.

Xpilot

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The tasks will stack up and run sequentially unless one of them has a problem, in which case, I believe the chain might stop.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dan1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Xpilot and shieber are correct. If at the task's scheduled time another task is already running, the new task will wait before the process is finished, and then start normally.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.