One time alert in PG 3.2

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LM1, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LM1

LM1 Registered Member

I just installed PG 3.2 (paid version), and sometimes I get an alert that a new program has been detected during booting, yet PG lets this new program run without my permission on a one time basis. (This has happened several times already - I think that the new program is always a new build of Kaspersky AV beta.)

Is there any way to have such one-time run attempts automatically denied (since such an attempt could theoretically happen with a malware program, rather than an AV program)?

2. andreika

andreika Guest

I think it's an awful mistake to permit such behavior and it discredits the basics of PG. Launching malware even one time is enough to destroy the whole system.
    If I'm not mistaken, this happened even before, in 3.150 version too - mostly during the system start. I noticed it accidentally when looked through the logs, and I was very disappointed... :-( I understand that it's not always possible to display application alerts, but PG should do this at least *after* the system starts - to notify the user about the possible danger.

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Would someone please comment on this..........

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Malware usually isn't going to launch, BY ITSELF, during a boot - it HAS to be installed FIRST, before you rebooted.

Also, default BLOCK would mean the possibility of not being able to boot in some situations. PG would need to be exponentially "smarter" and leaving hard coded ALLOW options for some programs would be one of the only real solutions. It would still leave the problem of future versions, at the moment PG has no problems with Service Packs etc and even Windows upgrades which change checksums of loads of system files.

If ANYTHING allowed, you still get told about it. Thats the main thing, set it to allow always and leave it be. You installed it only a few minutes ago ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.