One computer using multiple seats

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Tensar, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tensar

Tensar Registered Member

I have one laptop on my network with three NIC's [wired, USB dock, wireless]. Its listed in ERA v3.0.105 with each of its three MAC addresses so its using three seats of the product. My firm purchased enough seats for every computer but at 2-3 seats per physical computer we'll quickly run out.

Is there a setting somewhere to exclude mac address from the key for clients?

I've crawled the ERA server config line by line and didnt see one. The only thing I've found is on p16 of the latest ERA manual for English and says:

"The behavior of ERAS related to certain network operations (such as renaming a PC) can be defined in ERAS Advanced Setup. It can help prevent duplicate entries in the Clients tab. For example, if one of the computers in the network has been renamed, but its MAC address remained unchanged, you can avoid creating a new entry in the Clients tab."]

What options do I have for having multiple MAC addresses not eat up my seats?

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

There is something posted here in the forums about uniquely identifying PC's. There's not a lot of posts in this forum so you can probably find it with just a little looking.

There is some setting on the RA server where you can remove the MAC address as a unique identifier which should solve the issue for you.

3. Tensar

Tensar Registered Member

Thank you sir. I was able to find that post by querying the word 'unique', lol.

In the Server Tools's config editor the entry was under 'Advanced' and was called:"Enable MAC address renaming (from valid to another valid)"

The help text for that line says "Description: The default value is recommended. If disabled, the MAC address will be part of the unique identification of clients."

Set to NO by default I toggled it to YES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.