One click to start a backup? How?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ranageman, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranageman

ranageman Registered Member

I use a post-command to get True Image 10 to shut down the PC once its daily backup has completed. That way, the PC does not have to stay on all night.

Is there any way to call True Image with a command line argument to get it to immediately execute a backup?

That way, I could have a taskbar shortcut to "back up and shut down". Other members of the family should even be able to work it.

I know, I could schedule a backup for 1 AM and leave the PC on, but what if I have a lengthy download running or a DVR recording running? I would have to disable the backup or the post-command, and that isn't easy either - you seem to have to click your way through 10 screens of options to change one.

Any good ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ranageman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Actually, if you schedule a backup to be performed on the PC shutdown by using the option “When my computer shuts down”, you won’t need even one click, as well as using any post commands. Acronis True Image 10.0 Home will automatically perform a backup before shutting down or rebooting the PC. You might also want to check the “Once a day” box to avoid multiple backup procedures during one day.

Please also have a look at this post explaining how to create a shortcut to start a backup.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.