On Internet nothing is impossible

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Smokey, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

UK Lesbian to Give Birth to Online 'DIY' Baby

A lesbian is to give birth to one of the first babies conceived in Britain using sperm provided by an Internet donor service, British newspapers reported Saturday.
    The baby of Jaime Saphier, 26, is due in January. She and her partner Sarah Watkinson, 31, who live in the northwest city of Liverpool paid the Web site www. mannotincluded.com 1,305 pounds ($2,156) to match them with a sperm donor and provide a full medical screening of the donor.

"We know that some people will be against what we've done and they are entitled to their opinions," Saphier was quoted as saying in the Daily Telegraph.

"As long as our child is loved and does not want for anything, I can't see how it is wrong.

"I think everybody's got the right to have a child, as long as they love it. I hope that many more men will become donors so that they can help people like me and Sarah."

Mannotincluded.com was set up a year ago to match sperm donors with lesbian couples wishing to have children, eliminating the difficulties of using an identified donor or dealing with fertility clinics reluctant to help same-sex couples.

Source: Reuters, London

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Sure everyone is free, at least in Western countries. But I wonder if this freedom is not going to far?

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I would comment but I would be farrrr too political so I'll just read it and think about it :D

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

That is what I mean with this thread: just to let people think about (some) actual issues ;)

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I'm neutral about it, see me answer to Detox ;)

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I gotcha mate - if you were trying to start a political duscussion you woulda added something in of your own :D

7. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

You didn't got me... :)

I didn't and don't want to start a political discussion about the the specific theme, again, it is just an example what now-a-days is possible on internet, and it seems to me that it could be important the people think about it ;)

Therefore my personal opinion about it is not important, for sure I have one, but here it doesn't counts, the meanings of the forum is the issue, I stay neutral. (Just for this time, I 'm not always neutral like you know :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.