On Demand

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acooldozen, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

I want to use Eset Nod 32 antivirus on DEMAND only. How do I set it from loading with Windows 7?

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello acooldozen

You can of course disable real time scanning and then disabel eset in msconfig. Then you will have, without any doubt, the most expensive luxury on demand scanner, ever..... You probably know, but I just have to point out, that you will loose a lot of the good solid protection nod32 can offer you. Acooldozen, if you do not have any other protection in place, then it is definitely not advisable to configure nod32 to be a on demand scanner only.

Regards, Janus

3. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

I have recently installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials, and do really like the SPEED of the deep scan and of course the light footprint. No signatures to download. Always current. I have been using eSet for quite a few years and it's time to try something new!

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't see any reasons for disabling egui nor ekrn via msconfig. Ekrn is crucial for updating the engine and modules, egui will enable you to run update manually on demand.

Bear in mind that on-demand protection is not as good as if all modules were enabled and fully functional and on-demand scans can miss threats that you would be otherwise protected against.

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Why not run both Webroot and Eset in realtime? There should be no problem.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

A scheduled scan with your scanning targets set correctly should not be a burden on your O/S as I run Win 7 as well.

Trigger your scheduler for an interval of 10080 minutes, that will cause a scheduled scan every week, compensate those numbers to suit your needs.

As noted: you should not unload any Windows services, or MSCONFIG items, on-demand or scheduled.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  7. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Isn't that a very short week?

8. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.