on-demand scanner using mouse

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by snapdragin, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ok I finally upgraded from v1 to v2. LOL and thought "this is going to go smooth and I won't mess up". But I did. :D

Using the Advanced Install options, where it came to the choice:

"On-Demand Scanner integration"

"To integrate execution of the on-demand antivirus scanner into the mouse context menu (recommended) leave the default selection of the checkbox below"

"box" - Enable on-demand scanner using mouse <---but the box was not checked.

I think it was worded a bit differently then the installation guide (yes, I did read it), and I thought it odd that by default the box was not checked. But hey, thinking, "ok, leave it as suggested to it's default, even if it doesn't look quite right that the box isn't checked by default", I left it unchecked. Bad decision, because I don't have the right-click scan with the mouse for the on-demand scanner now. :(

To get this back, can I just go through the setup again, or do I have to do an uninstall of v2 then a re-install again to check that box? If by any chance either one of those options could cause more problems then it's worth, I'll do without the right-click scan.

Thanks,
    snap

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi Snap

IMO, you really should have an on-demand scan option, and make use of it. If you can install Paolo Monti's advanced heuristics shell extension without going through the whole setup again, perhaps that would work fine, as I think it could satisfy all your on-demand scanning needs.

Please see here for further info

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9776

Also, please check my post at the bottom of this page for the reasons why I think you really should have the on-demand option:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9776;start=45

Regards
    Optigrab

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi there optigrab, and thank you very much for your reply :)

I checked out the links you posted, but since some of the post were made last year, I thought it would be just as easy to try and uninstall and re-install NOD v2.

Funny thing was, as soon as the option came up to put that checkmark in the box beside " Enable on-demand scanner using mouse" - it was already checked by default this time. LOL So it looks like a clean install of v2 would have the box checked by default, but if v2 is installed overtop of v1, that box might not be checked by default. So anyone doing that, remember to check mark that box if you want the 'right-click' for on-demand scan on a single file.

Everything went smooth this time around and I didn't make any mistakes. 99,480 files scanned - 0 viruses :D

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.