On Demand scanner - Logging of password protected files...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pebbler, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbler

Pebbler Registered Member

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the NOD32 ON-Demand scanner Logging from filling with thousands of "password-protected file" or "File CRC failed" ?
    Is there a way for the Logging to IGNORE those "password-protected file" or "File CRC failed" loggings ?

Right now, it fill with hundreds, thousands of them for files I know are password protected, and C64 images I know have failing CRC's..... it makes the whole log extremely cluttered and almost impossible to find a REAL threat in there. Thanks a lot !

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , the current v2 does not have such an option .
    Threats are in red/brown colour

3. Pebbler

Pebbler Registered Member

OK thanks HiTech_boy, hopefully the ESET team will implement the option in the v3.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

By default v3 shows no log during scan . At the end of scan it shows you how many threats have been found and how many have been treated , but the whole log again shows what can and cannot be scanned . This is with the current beta 1 . However , there is still time and space for this to be changed . I personally like it this way because it is helpful for professionals but if you prefer it other way , you may email them to betasupport@eset.sk with your suggestion :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.