On demand scanner for use with NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dnewhous, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

Just add SAS or MBAM and that is all you need

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

If ICSA have certified Norton, I would suggest that you reconsider your reliance on ICSA. Most computers that I have to clean are "protected" by Norton. I would recommend that you keep Nod32 (version 3.x) & add either MBAM (paid version) or wait a month or so for Prevx3.

3. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

No idea, it wouldn't let me update, everytime i clicked on it firefox came up with a million tabs asking if I would like to buy a tennis racket. :S

licence, yes weird I know, I opened it and it sayed would i like to run a quick scan i clicked yes, then it said, licence is outdated and that scan and update would fail. I take it it's something unusual?

4. tedy58

tedy58 Registered Member

OK m8s I read very carefully the thread but didn't find how to configure V3 version of NOD32 v3.0.669 to make an 'On demand scanner for use with NOD32' really works. In the 2.5 ver. it is clear in the thread, with parameters :
    Run external application :...
    /local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

Can somebody explain how it run on ver.NOD32 v3.0.669?

Thanks in advance.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

:isay: Norton is the most widely distributed thats why. And because of that it has the largest number of security illiterate users who can't even configure it or update it properly let alone keep their licences current. It's not a poor product.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I kinda liked BitDefender free but it had a security issue nobody seemed to really care about. I had a false positive in quarantine (can't remember which it was, something about Hewlett-Packard). So the false positive is in quarantine and I decide I do not like the running processes of BD since it is on demand only. I disable the running processes and my firewall pops up saying the false positive in quarantine is trying to access the internet. It was phoning home to HP. The location was in BD quarantine and the web address it was trying to access was HP. I posted about this on the BD forums (and here at Wilders after BD did not respond). Not sure if BD fixed this or not.

7. njtrout

njtrout Registered Member

Sorry to jump in so late on this conversation, but ICSA Labs certification for desktop AV product DOES perform on-access and on-demand scanning.

If you go to their Website and look at the criteria for Desktop detection you will find 0n-demand and on-access described.

NJTrout

8. Mirjalovic

Mirjalovic Registered Member

In my opinion,,if you have a NOD 32,,& NOD said your computer was clean,that's mean you're clean.You don't need any on-demand scanner

just remember,mostly,you can't use your computer properly if you got infected by viruses ..

Set your NOD32 in on demand scanner profile with advanced heuristic,unsafe app , enabled etc (tick all of them) .. it's simple thing to do ..

aniway,if you're not sure with your current real-time AV,you can try MBAM or Avira Personal (with guard disabled when you install it)

CMIIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.