On Demand Scan Results

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by siljaline, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Partial snip and paste of my scheduled on-demand scan of this morning.

Internal Scanning not performed. Is this the default or are my settings incorrect ?

Thank you.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Most likely you don't have scanning of email files enabled.

3. siljaline

Hmmm... will check settings and post back.
    Thanks, Marcos

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  4. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Siljaline:

I am definitely a beginner amateur novice at NOD32 Antivirus 4.0. Nevertheless, in Advanced Mode, Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree, you may need to look above the POP3,POP3S settings that are displayed in your screen shots.

At the first Email Client Protection, I think that "Enable Email Client Protection" needs to be checked, and at the "Threat Sense Parameter Checkup," Setup button, "Enable Smart Optimization" may need to be checked. See the ? help for the consequences if it is NOT checked.

Under Email Client Protection (but still above POP3,POP3S), Email Clients ? Help says that
    "The Email protection module supports the following email clients: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird." [How I wish it also included Mozilla SeaMonkey, since that's what I use.]

Since you are using Outlook Express, I think these settings (above POP3,POP3S) apparently apply to you. Even though they probably don't apply to me, I checked everything other than to convert all email to plain text. (At Email Client, Actions [for infected mail], I checked Move [infected] email to folder Infected Items.)

Even if the settings above POP3,POP3S do apply to you, the settings at and below POP3,POP3S may also apply. That's not at all clear to me.

I hope these thoughts are useful (if not, simply ignore them) --- but remember my opening sentence.

Roger Folsom

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't think that the screenshot you posted is from the profile actually used for scanning. Try running a custom scan against that folder with all these options enabled.

6. siljaline

Fresh install done this morning using How do I uninstall or re-install ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?
    Please check your private messages, Marcos - thank you.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.