On demand malware test

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Retadpuss, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Before I retire for the night with a couple of bottles of lager straight from the freezer to help me cool down on this incredibly hot night, thought I would let everyone know how well Prevx just did in some on demand tests an associate and I ran earlier. In total, we used over 500 new malare samples (there were about 50 clean (not malware) files in the original batch - we always get a good number of clean files in the new (24-48 hour old) stuff)

Usually A2 is the best at catching new samples, and A2 is very, very close behind. These two tend to be significantly better than all the rest, with say Norton, F-Secure and KAV always being significantly less effective.

Over the last few months, Prevx has sometimes bettered A2 and Avira with new stuff - but not always. More recently, Prevx has usually come out on top.

Today, Prevx thrashed the opposition - it got everything, missing only one piece of malware that had been submitted under different names. A2 and Avira did well as they always do, but Im so impressed with Prevx that I felt compelled to spend time writing this, when i could be sipping my first cool Leffe.

PS - MSE did well - only nissing a few more than A2 and Avira.

Night,

Puss

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Now that's impressive. :) Thanks for taking the time to share your findings.

3. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Retadpuss, thanks for sharing your testing results - interesting.
    Out of interest, what settings do you have Prevx on for your testing - default or customised - would be interesting to know.

4. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

I have everything set to max, but in many tests, results are the same when set to default.

Just tested what we believe is a new cornflicker - Prevx detects it. None of the AMs on Virustotal do.

Puss

5. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Please let's stay in topic :) Here we should talk about Prevx results and not about other products. Global comparatives about more security products should be posted in other general sections.

Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.