On Demand AV - BD Free or AntiVir Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Out of the two above for On Demand use or as a secondary backup which one would you use. I know the free version of BD does not support Real Time but I think AntiVir does.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id probably use bitdefender. i only wish it didnt need services or background processes. also in ur sig, why do u have both the paid and free version of bitdefender? both use the same engine so u only need one.

3. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

In your situation, since you are already running Bitdefender 9 Professional Plus, would think AntiVir would be the logical choice, do a "Custom Install" without the 'Guard', you only want one "Real-Time" running at a time.

For me, (if I felt I needed more) Bitdefender V8.0 Free Edition would be my choice as I have AntiVir (with 'Guard' active scan).

Just did a 'clean' uninstall/install to ZA 61_744 with the assist from Wilders Firewall Board, good advice there:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  4. Albinoni

Well I'm use BD Free as my 2nd on demand backup with NOD32 on my main PC, but my other PC (another desktop) I'm using BD Professional 9, so thats on a different PC.

5. Albinoni

I use both NOD32 and Bitdefender. This PC that I am on is running NOD32 as my RT AV scanner and BD Free 8.0 as the On Demand. Now its one of my other PC's that uses BD Pro 9 as its main AV program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.