On demand Anti virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Long View, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Thanks for the link. However, I noticed that there is a side marker that indicates that the scanner is beta. Don't know if I can trust a beta program. o_O

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

To be honest, the latest BitDefender engine remains at version 7.1, the detection of various malware is controlled by the databases with the exception of the Anti-Rootkit technology which I think is standalone (but still there is a free rootkit scanner from BitDefender I think). BitDefender 8 still uses the same engine, except that it doesn't detect spyware like 9.5 and above versions.

Of course with version 11 the BitDefender team is finally looking to improve BD's compatibility with other anti-malware applications, so maybe there's some hope for Mele20 and others like her who were disappointed by BD's incompatibility with other anti-malware apps.

As for scanners I primarily recommend Dr.Web CureIT and ArcaMicroScan only, along with MicroWorld's MWAV tool based on KAV. :)

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the MWAV tool is flagged by bitdefender 10 as a virus by heristic detection.
    behaves like something.
    if someone has bitdefender 10 can they scan MWAV and report the FP?
    if i have the time i will install bitdefender 10 on my test pc and report the FP to them
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.