Old problem returns with Beta4

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Phil, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Splash hanging on boot. It's not as bad as before -- hanging for up to 4 minutes while reporting scanning over 100,000 files -- but is irritating. Through 5 boots, the splash hangs for about 30 seconds, reporting 11,000 files scanned. This happens with AMON enabled *or* disabled.

XP Pro SP1

Phil

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Not happening here, Phil (system specs below).

*Never mind, I saw it. Pete

3. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Well, you have officially confused me with the "nevermind" part. :D

This is a mysterious problem that comes and goes and does not affect everybody. I fist had it with version one and it just went away on its own after about a month. Maybe it will go away again. <shrug>

Phil

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I asked for your OS, then I saw that you had already specified it. Pete

5. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Not much help, but I'm on XP Pro (no sp1) and have never had a problem similar.

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

The devil is in the details with something like this, Phil - want to post a summary of everything you've got on your computer? Pete

7. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Whoa! It would take another computer to list everything on this one. :D :D

That said, there is *very* little active or loaded in mem. I usually have 18 to 20 processes running at any given time with only two or three in the sytray. It is a puzzling problem that Jan worked on for about a month last year when the problem was bad. It would slowly die down over a few days then return with every update. The ESET guys never did get it sorted and it finally just went away without any help. It is dying down again now with 8500 files reported scanned on boot. The "normal" for this machine is +/- 1000 on boot. I have seen several other people post the same problem over the last several months. When someone complains the splash screen is "hanging", they are having the same problem. Thanks for the offer of help but I think the only people that can resolve the issue is ESET. I was primarily giving Jan a heads-up.

Thanks again!
    Phil

8. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Phil,

>Thanks for the offer of help but I think the only people that can resolve the issue is ESET

I remember our correspodence about this. :)

>I fist had it with version one and it just went away on its own after about a month. Maybe it will go away again.

You can disable the splashsc., or I can send you a special log version of AMON so that we know what's happening now.

Cheers,

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.