Ok, I need help in Avira Antivir PE...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I admit I am not smart in this section of Antivir, how do you get it to auto check for updates like every 4-6 hours? I'm trying the wizard and can't get it, please if you can go step by step for me, I thank you for your help!:)

2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

If I remember right, just choose Interval instead of daily when you edit Update task in the wizard and set for 00 on days and 04 or 06 for hours as you like.

Gary

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Go to Scheduler then to Daily Update. Click on that and at the top there will be several icons. One is Edit selected jobs. That should bring the Wizard up, and daily updates. Hit Next and you will go to interval. From there you can select the interval you desire. I have mine set at 2 hours.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

Are you using the free version? If you are you cannot.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

No, I am using the Premium. Is there a difference in this area?

Best,
    Jerry

6. gismo999

gismo999 Registered Member

I am using the free version, and I have mine check every hour, I am not sure if its the same as the paid version but.....

Go to scheduler

Right click on the name and "insert new Job"

Under name of job put "update 4pm" or whatever time you want.
    then click next.....
    Chose update or scan job.....its as simple as that.

follow instructions....its simple if Ii can do it....LOL

hope all works out for you :)

7. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

You can set up the free version to check for updates as frequently as you want and at any times you want.

8. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi, this is the only way in the free version that I know to have various hour updates. Create schedule update (example 6:00)
    Then if you want to check again in 6 hours create another schedule update at 12:00. Then again at 18:00 ect.

Attached Files:

9. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Hmm, I tried some of the tips and it couldn't let me, let me try the newest one, hope it works.:D

10. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

If you're doing hourly updates, it should end up looking something like this

avira.JPG

11. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

VDF History
    Usually, AntiVir offers updates for VDF files several times per day,
    See the chart linked on this post for *approximate* times of release of VDF's.

With TEXAS location (GMT -5 Summer Time Zone) your Hourly Updates might be set to occur from 02:00 hours through 17:00 hours local time, this would cover times that VDF's are released.

*this list may not consider 'summer time' and has not always been kept up-to-date on weekends*
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

<edit> This VDF 6.38.01.109 Tue, 08 May 2007 10:14 (GMT+1) was received at 08:00 Hours GMT (03:00 Texas Time)

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  12. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

If you set it up with that many intervals in free Antivir - is it really updating more than once a day?

In the old free versions you could only get one update per day via Antivir scheduler. If you wanted more you had to use Windows scheduler.

But that was back then, maybe its better now. I still use windows scheduler setup according to info in threads at Antivir forum and can get upto 3-4 new updates during a full day.

Just for your info.

Best Regards

13. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

With AntiVir Classic {free} before about a year ago, the default on "Interval" was 300 minutes, (and you could use less)
    since then it has been limited to 1 Day 0 Hours Minimum, up to 22 days Maximum.

What was depicted above was multipal "Daily" jobs at specified Times, you can create and run [checkmark] as many of those as you want.

On my system (at least), a peek at Schedule (or a failed Update) disables schedule until a Reboot.
    Back when an Update 'ReStarted' AntiVir, that would have re-enabled schedule.

On Dial-Up, Update (default) can be set for "Start job while connecting to the Internet (dial-up).

Caution is that if an Update (scheduled) is auto-attempted while off-line, it will fail and turn schedule off until a Re-boot.

So to keep that from occurring, I [check] an Interval job to occur every 22 days (or upon each dial-up connection. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.