ohtgnoenriga (Why was my thread closed?)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Vanella, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanella

Vanella Registered Member

Why was my previous thread closed?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1763570

Thanks for the link, Cudni but I said that no anti-virus programs find this. If no one is willing to help please just state that in the topic then close it. It's rather unhelpful to just throw a link in there then lock it.

Hello, recently I discovered my google search results leading from wherever I wanted to go to igoogle. I noticed the address right before it hit igoogle, it said ohtgnoenriga in it. All search results suggest STOPzilla and Malwarebytes but neither of those work. Well firstly the scan from STOPzilla didn't have anything related to ohtgnoenriga in it and I'm not going to buy a program that could fake suspicious entries just so you buy their stupid product.

Anyway, this has to be the most difficult thing to get rid of I've ever encountered and I've spent days cleaning out my parents computer.

Someone please help, the usual symptoms, google search, click a link, the link redirects to igoogle.

Any help would be more then appreciated, thanks for reading.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The link contains much more than Anti virus stuff. Included are places where you can get help with your Hijack This log. In addition I'd suggest you PM the Mod in Question for a more detailed reason on the thread closure, although from where I sit the reason should be self evident.

3. Vanella

The link just took me to other parts of the forum that I've already searched. My post was not closed after the hijackthis part was removed.

The mod disabled pming him/her, there was/is no way to contact them.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

o_O :(

6. Vanella

Thanks, though Safe Returner always has a fatal error when I try to scan with it so it doesn't work. I'll try HitmanPro now.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'd throw SuperAntiSpyware into the mix as well. But you really need a someone to look at yor log. Places to go for that are contained in the link.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.