OFFICIAL RELEASE - Prevx 3.0.5.161 with SafeOnline

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PrevxHelp, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

The 161 version is no longer compatible with Sandboxie at all. When I attempt to run Prevx sandboxed, Sandboxie generates an error message and IE8 either won't finish loading or freezes on my home page. Previously, Prevx would work sandboxed by modifying Sandboxies configuration, but that change doesn't help at all now. Disabling Prevx allows the sandboxed browser to work normally. Hopefully this issue can be addressed sometime soon.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

When you say "attempt to run Prevx sandboxed", I assume that you meant to say "attempt to run IE8 sandboxed".

I initially had the same problem with Firefox running sandboxed after the Prevx 3.0.5.159 update, and I too found that enabling the Sandboxie Screen Readers accessibility setting didn't help. The problem appears to be with SafeOnline. If SafeOnline is disabled, you should find that the browser will run sandboxed.

After a lot of messing around, which included uninstalling and reinstalling both Prevx and Sandboxie, I did manage to finally get the browser to run sandboxed without needing to disable SafeOnline first. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what sequence of operations I performed. All I can suggest is that if you experiment, you may be able to get them to work together.

I've now uninstalled Prevx (again) because the problem with desktop images, dialog boxes, and start menu shortcuts getting spontaneously corrupted - which I've reported previously - has reoccurred. Again I suspect that SafeOnline is somehow the cause of this because I never had this problem until SafeOnline was included in Prevx, and uninstalling Prevx solves the problem.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We'd definitely be interested in taking a closer look at your installation or getting a copy of the .dmp minidump files from your PC. Could you please let us know what version of Prevx you had installed previously? We've had one other user report an issue when upgrading from 3.0.1.65 but are unaware of any other issues at the moment that could have affected the upgrade process.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you please let me know what operating system you're using and what version of Sandboxie you have installed? We will try to reproduce it here and get the compatibility corrected again in one of the next updates.

Thank you!

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

When I experienced this problem I was using the latest version of Sandboxie 3.45.07, which you already know from the email correspondence that we've been having.

It may be difficult to reproduce because there doesn't seem to be a fundamental incompatibility between Prevx and Sandboxie. It seems to be more of a blip that can occur after the update. I suspect it hasn't affected that many users or there would have been more postings on Wilders reporting this as an issue.

With a degree of coaxing it's certainly possible to get Prevx 3.0.5.161 and Sandboxie 3.45.07 to coexist because I did before I uninstalled Prevx due to the other problems I'm having.

6. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32 bit. Sandboxie version is 3.45.16. Thanks for looking at this issue.

7. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

Re: OFFICIAL RELEASE - Prevx 3.0.5.159 with SafeOnline

Hi almost the same problem here

PREVX 3.0.5.161 OS Windows 7 Home premium x64.
    Even according to Windows Action Center, prevx is not running.
    Usually a reboot is sufficient.
    It happens only on my Windows 7 x64, no problems with Windows 7 Ultimate x86 nor with Windows Vista SP2 x86.

I preformed a clean installation as well.

Other security software installed:

MBAM Pro 1.46
    HitmMan Pro 3.5.5 (on demand)
    Winpatrol 2010
    JavaCool SpywareBlaster 4.3
    SandBoxie
    PC Tools Firewall Plus 6.0

Main browser: Firefox 3.6.3 + WOT + adblock plus

Cheers:)

8. Empath

Empath Registered Member

Whatever the problem was seems to have been fixed with 3.0.5.171 . When I found the new version was out, I installed it without any crashes. Maybe it was DefenseWall that was being incompatible.

Anyway, I'm glad to have it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.